This November, the Reading Hospital Foundation and McGlinn Cancer Institute are inviting employees to participate in the first ever Reading Hospital No Shave November Contest. Join your colleagues on this month-long journey to raise awareness for men’s health and support the many patients undergoing cancer treatment who are experiencing hair loss.
Each participant is asked to kick-off their personal campaign with a minimum pledge of $100, while also asking friends and family to donate in support of their cause. At the end of the month, prizes will be awarded for the best beard, best mustache, and the most money raised. If you’re not able to participate or don’t want to “let it grow,” please consider supporting a colleague as they raise funds to support men’s health awareness and the McGlinn Cancer Institute.
- No shaving for the entire month of November!
- While we encourage not shaving, we understand that many departmental policies require general maintenance. Grooming and trimming are acceptable during participation.
- If required, please be sure to consult your departmental/unit supervisor for permission to participate.
- Participants can pick to grow a full beard or just a mustache.
- You must start with a clean-shaven face.
- On Friday, November 1, stop by the Foundation Office any time, or visit the Employee Cafeteria from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., to have your photo taken. If you are off campus, please send a photo of your freshly shaved face to Cameron.Martin@towerhealth.org. These photos will be used in the before-and-after shots at the end of the contest to help employees vote for the best results.
- All participants agree to a $100 minimum pledge. They may also invite people to sponsor their participation by making a gift(s) on the Reading Hospital Foundation.
- All participants will get a pin to wear on their employee badges signifying that they are participating in the contest.
- Prizes will be awarded for the best beard, best mustache, and most money raised.
- Employees can vote for best beard/mustache based on before and after photos. Votes cost $1.00 each, and voting will take place the first week in December at the Employee Cafeteria. Voting for employees in off-campus locations will be coordinated locally.
- All money raised through the Reading Hospital No Shave November Contest will be used to support men’s health awareness and the McGlinn Patient Assistance Fund.
To participate in the Reading Hospital No Shave November Contest, please contact Cameron Martin, Director of Development with the Reading Hospital Foundation at Cameron.Martin@towerhealth.org or by calling 484-628-5126. You must sign up on or before November 1.
Make participation pledge payments and supporter donations. Complete the information on the form accordingly. Under “Gift Purpose,” please select: Reading Hospital No Shave November Contest. Then under “Tribute Information,” enter the person’s name you are supporting.