No one looks forward to a hospital stay, but at Chestnut Hill Hospital, we work hard to make sure your visit is as pleasant as possible. Here are a few things you should know about your room and our hospital in general that can help make your time with us restful and healing.
Our rooms are a combination of private and semi-private rooms. Chestnut Hill Hospital reserves the right to make all placement decisions. Your room will be cleaned each day by our housekeeping staff.
Interpreters Language - translation services for non-English speaking patients can be obtained by contacting your nurse.
For the Hearing Impaired - telephone amplifiers and T.D.D. (Telephone Device for the Deaf) are available for the hearing impaired. If you need a special phone, please notify your nurse.
Connection & Entertainment
- Telephone - Telephones are provided in all patient rooms. To place a local call, dial 9 + area code + the phone number. For calls outside the local calling area, dial 9 + 0 + area code + the phone number. Wait for the tone. Follow the operator’s instructions for special payment options. For local and national directory assistance, dial 9 + 411.
- Wireless internet service - To better meet the needs of our patients and visitors, Chestnut Hill Hospital offers guest wireless Internet access in all areas of the hospital. Click on the wireless network "Hospital Guest Wireless" to connect.
- TV - Televisions are provided free of charge in each patient room. Please be considerate of others by keeping the TV volume down and turning off your TV at bedtime. If you have any service issues, dial "0" and the operator will assist you.
Fire - We periodically conduct fire drills. If you hear an alarm, stay where you are. In the event of an actual emergency, hospital staff will notify you.
Smoking - We are a smoke-free campus. The health of our patients, employees, and the community we serve is Chestnut Hill Hospital’s most important responsibility. Smoking is not permitted in any area of the hospital, or in any building owned or leased by the hospital. Patients are not permitted to smoke at any time. Please talk to your physician if you would like to have a nicotine patch ordered for use while you are here.
Remain in hospital bed - For your safety, if your physician or nurse has instructed you to remain in bed, please do not get up. If you need assistance, please use your nurse call button. The side rails on your bed may be up for your safety. If so, do not attempt to put them down and do not ask your visitors to do so.
- Mail and flowers - Mail, flowers, gift baskets, and non-latex balloons are delivered daily by our volunteers. Flowers and balloons are not permitted in the intensive care units or protective isolation. To reduce the possibility of allergic reactions to pollen, we ask that you please limit the size of floral arrangements delivered to patient’s rooms. Latex balloons are not permitted anywhere in the hospital.
Any mail received after your discharge will be forwarded to your home address. Flowers or other arrangements arriving after your discharge will be returned to the florist, who will contact the sender for delivery information.
Meals - meals are served during the following hours:
Breakfast: 7:45 to 9 a.m.
Lunch: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Dinner: 4:45 to 6 p.m.
If you have any questions about or problems understanding your diet, please ask to speak with one of our dietitians, or call 215-248-8046 and we will be happy to service your request.
- Dining room - A full-service dining room is located on the Hospital's ground floor. Hours: Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cafe - A Cafe is open on the Hospital's first floor in the Main Lobby. The Cafe provides a wide selection of hot and cold foods, snacks, and Starbucks beverages. Cash, check, and credit cards are accepted. Hours: Sunday - Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; holiday hours may vary.
- Vending machines - Vending machines are located next to the dining room and are available during visiting hours. Vending machines located outside the waiting rooms in the new building are always available.