If you are not using Tower Health’s Epic electronic medical record system, signing up for EpicCare Link provides you and your staff with a secure platform where you can easily stay informed about your patient’s status when they are admitted or referred to a Tower Health facility or specialist.
Examples of those who can benefit from a Tower Health EpicCare Link account include:
- Referring providers
- Referred to providers
- Post-acute care facilities
- Clinical and office support staff
Benefits of EpicCare Link include:
- Simple setup - Since this is a web-based program, EpicCare Link can be used even if your office has another type of electronic medical record system and doesn’t require any additional software to be installed.
- Complete view of patient’s chart - Allows users to view patient encounters, labs, imaging studies, notes, procedures, medications, etc., as seen in Epic Hyperspace.
- Real-time patient updates - As soon as your patient’s information is entered into their electronic medical record, the information is available to you. From appointments scheduled and medication lists to progress notes and imaging and lab results, the information you need is available anytime.
- Physician-to-physician messaging - Community users and users at Tower Health can use InBasket to communicate securely about patient care.
- Secure and private - EpicCare Link is HIPAA-compliant, so your patient’s privacy is always protected. Every member of your team approved for system will receive a personal login and system usage is monitored to ensure there are no breaches in confidentiality.
- Affiliate Provider Review - Billing staff at community practices can view an admitted patient’s clinical documentation and notes written by the physician to verify that the documentation supports the charges.
How do I enroll and get started?
Does your site already have users with access to Tower Health’s EpicCare Link site? If so, then all you need to do is the following:
- Download, print, and complete our Confidentiality Agreement and our EpicCare Link Site Administrator Information documents - The confidentiality agreement is a legally binding agreement and covers your responsibilities as a clinician who will be accessing protected health information (PHI). If you agree with the terms of the agreement, please complete the document and contact the Tower Health Service Desk at 484-628-8151 for next steps.
*Site administrators are responsible for managing access to EpicCare Link for their site. On a yearly basis, they will review and validate each user at their site to verify that their access should remain active.
For sites where users have access to Tower Health’s EpicCare Link
Are you a new site that currently does not have users accessing Tower Health’s instance of EpicCare Link? Please follow the steps below:
- Download, print, and complete our Access to Electronic Health Records and Confidentiality Agreements - These are legally binding agreements and cover your responsibilities as a clinician who will be accessing protected health information (PHI). If you agree with the terms of the agreement, please complete the documents and contact the Tower Health Service Desk at 484-628-8151 for next steps.
For new sites where users do not have access to Tower Health’s EpicCare Link
- Download the user enrollment form - Along with the Access and Confidentiality forms, the final step to complete your application is to have your EpicCare Link site administrator complete the user enrollment form. Tower Health EpicCare Link Team will be contacting your site administrator to assist in completing this form after the access agreement is signed.
Who can I contact for more information?
If you forgot your password or can’t log in, please contact your site administrator for EpicCare Link. As a secondary option, you can call the Tower Health Service Desk at 484-628-8151.