If you are thinking about having weight-loss surgery, it is important to choose a bariatric surgeon and support team with ample experience and advanced expertise.
At Tower Health – Chestnut Hill Hospital, we have helped thousands of people safely and successfully lose weight through bariatric surgery. Not only is our program led by fellowship-trained surgeons, but we also offer the latest minimally invasive procedures that may help you get back on your feet — and down to your goal weight – more quickly.
Accredited weight-loss surgery for adults
Learn why so many people from East Montgomery County (and beyond) choose Chestnut Hill Hospital and our weight management team for bariatric surgery:
- Our program is accredited. We are accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. This ensures you receive the most comprehensive, collaborative approach to treatment and recovery.
- We are recognized for the safety and quality of our care. Our program is named a Blue Distinction Center+ for bariatric surgery by Highmark. This designation confirms we provide a full range of bariatric surgery care, including inpatient, post-operative, and outpatient follow-up care along with patient education.
- You and your surgeon choose the treatment that is right for you. With three minimally invasive weight-loss surgery options available at Chestnut Hill Hospital, you have a choice in which procedure best suits your personal goals and medical needs. We offer gastric bypass surgery, gastric sleeve surgery, and duodenal switch surgery.
- We use advanced surgical techniques. Whenever possible, we use minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgical techniques. This means your surgeon makes a few tiny incisions instead of one large one. Potential benefits include less post-operative pain, a lower risk of complications, and a shorter hospital stay and recovery.
- We offer bariatric revision surgery. If you developed a medical complication or regained weight after having bariatric surgery at another institution, our team may be able to help. We have experience performing complicated “revision surgery” (a second bariatric operation) and have successfully helped patients fix medical problems or get back on track toward their weight-loss goal.
- We are your partner on this journey. You can take comfort knowing we offer long-term guidance and support, starting in the months leading up to your surgery — and lasting for as long as you need us. Our services include a free monthly support group, individual and group nutritional counseling, and psychological counseling.
Learn more about your bariatric surgery options and find out if you are a candidate.