Exceptional care for little hearts.
Congenital heart defects are rare, but we know it doesn’t feel that way when it’s your child who is diagnosed with a heart condition. You’ll have a lot of questions, and the biggest one is, “Will my child be okay?”
Regional leaders in congenital heart surgery.
When your child needs heart surgery, they’re in the hands of a team that works together to deliver total cardiac care. Pediatric heart surgeons and pediatric cardiologists collaborate to make a treatment plan tailored to your child’s unique needs. They also work with nurse practitioners, critical care physicians, anesthesiologists, perfusionists, nurses, and social workers. This means your child will have exceptional care before, during, and after surgery.
Our pediatric heart surgeons are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art care for septal defects, tetralogy of Fallot, and other cardiac disorders. We use the most advanced techniques, including minimally invasive surgery, so that your child can get back to being a kid as quickly as possible.
Comprehensive Pediatric Heart Surgery
Our pediatric heart surgeons treat:
- Aortic stenosis
- Atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Atrioventricular canal defect
- Heart valve disease
- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS)
- Pulmonary airway malformations
- Pulmonary atresia
- Single ventricle anomalies
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the great arteries
- Ventricular septal defect (VSD)
Our treatments include:
- Aortic arch reconstruction
- Atrioventricular defect repair
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Pulmonary artery reconstruction
- Septal defect repair
- Single ventricle repair
- Staged palliation for HLHS
- Tetralogy of Fallot repair
- Valve repair and replacement
Whenever possible, we recommend minimally invasive heart surgery. Our pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons work closely with our interventional radiologist to offer a range of catheter-based procedures. Interventional treatments can help your child get back to normal activities faster. Benefits include:
- Less pain
- Less time in the hospital
- Quicker recovery
- Smaller incisions
Why Choose Us for Your Child’s Heart Care
Whether you have a newborn or a teenager, you want your child to live a full life, a healthy life – without limitations. Our goal is to make that happen by providing the very best heart care. From the initial diagnosis through recovery, our pediatric experts are with you every step of the way.
Families throughout the region choose us when their children need heart surgery because we offer:
- Treatments from the leading pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons in the region. They specialize in the latest interventional and minimally invasive procedure.
- Postoperative care in a dedicated Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) is staffed around the clock by skilled nurses and critical care physicians.
- A team of cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons that’s available 24/7 to make sure your child’s needs are met.
- An emphasis on family-centered care, which means we involve parents in every treatment decision. We can also help families with accommodations and transportation during their child’s treatment.
- Excellent surgical outcomes, with a survival rate of 95.3%.
- We offer multiple outpatient locations for pediatric cardiology, which means your child can get the careful monitoring they need after surgery, close to home.