Expertise you can count on.
When your child needs infectious disease expertise, you want a team that specializes in children’s care. As a pediatric academic medical center, we treat even the most advanced and rare infections. You work with a skilled, talented team that understands the unique needs of kids and their families.
Preventing infections and keeping kids safe.
Infectious diseases are caused by bacteria, viruses, and other germs. Kids can’t resist touching things — and that puts them at higher risk of infections. Also, their immune systems are still developing, which makes them more prone to infections.
We use the latest approaches to diagnose and treat infectious diseases. Your child gets personal attention to help them recover as quickly as possible. And, we keep you well-informed throughout your child’s treatment. We also offer guidance to help you protect them and keep them healthy.
Comprehensive Pediatric Infectious Diseases Care
We treat a variety of infectious diseases in children, including:
- Bone and joint infections
- Common pediatric infections
- Drug-resistant bacterial infections, including Clostridium difficile (C. diff) staphylococcus aureus (staph), and MRSA
- Flu (influenza)
- Kawasaki disease
- Neonatal infections
- Fever that is prolonged or from an unknown cause
- Recurrent (returning) infections
At St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, our pediatric infectious disease experts offer:
- Leading-edge care of children in the hospital, including consultations with other specialists to prevent infections during surgery and other procedures.
- Comprehensive diagnosis and treatment at our clinic locations.
- Collaboration with pediatricians and other specialists for vaccinations.
- Infection prevention education and tracking of infectious diseases to limit the spread of illnesses.