Skill and experience you can trust.
Our pediatric nephrologists have more than 70 years of combined experience caring for kids with kidney disease. That means you work with a trusted team that has skills and knowledge you can count on. We make sure you understand your child’s condition and treatment and ensure your family gets personal attention and support.
We’re in this together.
Personalized treatments and the latest approaches.
Whether your child needs care for a common condition like kidney stones or advanced care for severe kidney disease, they get treatment designed just for them. We talk to you about all your child’s options and develop a plan that works best for your family and gives your child the best results.
Our nephrologists, nurse practitioners, dietitians, dialysis nurses, and social workers work as a team to provide complete care. If your child needs dialysis or a kidney transplant, our trained, compassionate team is by your side every step of the way. We work together to ensure your child’s healthy future.
Comprehensive Pediatric Kidney Care
We offer a full spectrum of leading-edge care for kidney conditions, including:
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney disease
- Congenital kidney problems (present at birth)
- Body fluid and chemistry disturbances
- Hereditary kidney disorders
- High blood pressure
- Kidney stones
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Urinary tract infections
- Urinary flow disorders
We offer complete care for children’s kidney conditions, including:
- Advanced diagnosis. We use a variety of tests to diagnose kidney problems, including kidney biopsies (tissue samples). We use the least-invasive tests to keep your child safe and comfortable.
- Collaborative care for complex disorders. We work together with neonatologists, urologists, surgeons, rheumatologists, and other specialists to make sure your child gets the attention they need.
- Dialysis. Kidney dialysis takes over the kidneys’ function of removing fluid and waste from the blood. It is done using hemodialysis (a machine filters blood and returns it to the body) or peritoneal dialysis (a small tube pushes fluid into the abdomen and removes waste buildup). For kids who have home dialysis, we provide training for families.
- Lipid apheresis. Similar to dialysis, this advanced therapy uses a machine to remove unwanted low-density lipoproteins (LDL or “bad” cholesterol) from the blood. It’s a treatment for high-cholesterol that doesn’t respond to medicines, diet, or exercise.
- Kidney transplant. Kidney transplantation puts a healthy kidney in your child’s body, offering them a higher quality of life. We offer care and support throughout the entire process and beyond.