Expert urology care, just for kids.
Compassionate urology care is close to home. Our team has extensive experience caring for children with conditions of the urinary tract, bladder, or reproductive organs.
Depending on your child’s condition, we collaborate with pediatric specialists such as oncologists, surgeons, and neurologists to meet your child’s needs.
Your partner for compassionate care.
Urological conditions can be especially sensitive issues for children. In addition to the physical symptoms, these disorders can cause stress and discomfort at school and in social situations. We help your child understand their condition and explain, in kid-friendly terms, what they can expect during treatment.
Our care team makes your child as comfortable as possible during diagnostic testing and treatment. We choose imaging modalities with the lowest possible dose of radiation.
When necessary, we opt for the least invasive procedures and work with pediatric anesthesiology specialists.
Comprehensive Urology Care
We handle many bladder and urinary tract conditions, such as:
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction, including wetting disorders (daytime and nighttime)
- Bladder and kidney infections and stones
- Improperly formed bladder (exstrophy) or urethra (hypospadias)
- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles
- Problems with urine flow (obstructive uropathy):
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Tumors of the kidney, bladder, prostate, and testicles
- Urinary tract infections
We also treat disorders of sexual development and problems with the reproductive organs, including:
- Ambiguous genitalia
- Congenital hormone disorders:
- Androgen insensitivity syndrome
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Enlarged scrotal veins (varicocele)
- Impaired testicular development
- Rotated testicles (testicular torsion)
- Undescended testicles
Urological disorders can occur on their own, or they may be related to other health conditions. We also treat bladder and urinary tract problems resulting from neurological issues such as multiple sclerosis and spina bifida.