Moving forward together.
You don’t want anything to hold your child back, and we help them succeed. Our talented therapists give your child personal attention, support, and encouragement to improve how they function mentally and physically. We focus on your child’s overall well-being, including the emotional aspects of an illness or injury. We’re here to support their success.
Setting kids up for success.
Although we help kids improve function, we focus on their strengths — our goal is to empower them. Our team of pediatric rehabilitation doctors, neuropsychologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, athletic trainers, and other pediatric rehab professionals work together to set realistic goals and create a plan that lets your child succeed.
We put together a care team based on your child’s needs. But all children will work with one or both types of therapists, who have slightly different roles:
- Physical therapists help improve physical movement, reduce pain, restore muscular function and flexibility, and prevent mobility problems before they occur.
- Occupational therapists help children enhance daily living skills and function, including perceptual abilities, coordination, self-care, and social skills.
Comprehensive Pediatric Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
Rehabilitation and therapy can make a positive difference for children with a wide range of conditions, including:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Brain injuries
- Burns and scars
- Chronic pain
- Developmental delay
- Failure to thrive
- Feeding problems
- Hand injuries
- Juvenile arthritis
- Learning disabilities
- Neuromuscular diseases, such as muscular dystrophies
- Neurological disorders, including cerebral palsy
- Orthopedic conditions
- Sensorimotor and perceptual dysfunction
- Spina bifida, including myelomeningocele
- Spinal cord injuries
- Sports injuries
- Strength and endurance deficits
- Traumatic injuries
- Weight conditions
We offer complete care and personal attention to help kids of all ages, including:
- Adaptive equipment fitting and training, including wheelchairs, lifts, and other devices for greater independence.
- Advanced therapies to relieve pain.
- Casting and splinting.
- Comprehensive evaluations for infants (neonatal assessments), development, self-care, functional mobility, fine-motor skills, visual perception, visual-motor skills, sensorimotor skills, communication skills, and more.
- Consultations with school therapists, educators, and other professionals who interact with your child.
- Education and training of children, parents, and caregivers.
- Gait (stride) assessments and training.
- Home exercise programs and guidance.
- Muscle testing.
- Physical training, including exercises to improve strength, flexibility, coordination, range of motion, and stamina.
- Self-care assessment and training to enhance feeding, dressing, personal hygiene, and other daily living skills.
- Sports-related services, including coaching and conditioning, injury recovery, concussion care, injury prevention education, and nutritional guidance.
- Treatment of scars.
We also offer specialized rehab programs for:
- Blood disorders
- Heart disease
- Myelomeningocele (advanced spina bifida)
- Neurological disorders and injuries