The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Chestnut Hill Hospital is proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital Partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor every quarter. To find out more about the program, including the growing list of Hospital Partners, please go to www.DAISYfoundation.org.
DAISY Award Nomination Criteria
- Any Registered Nurse who has been employed by Chestnut Hill Hospital for the past 6 months and currently functions in a clinical setting.
- Obtains an excellent performance evaluation by nurse manager/supervisor.
The DAISY criterion incorporates the IOM six aims of safety, patient-centeredness, effectiveness, efficiency, timeliness, and equity. These aims have been embraced by Chestnut Hill Hospital to ensure the best care possible.
Must exemplify at least one of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates the importance of communication in the delivery of quality and safe patient care as evident by working in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in providing quality safe patient care.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development and implementation of organizational goals, priorities, and strategies as evident by committee, council or initiative involvement.
- Demonstrates excellence in the delivery of individualized patient care.
- Delivers quality and safe patient care guided by policies, procedures, and standards.
- Implements current evidence-based practice by developing policy, educational material for patients and families, and/or co-workers.
- Promotes, designs, develops, and implements patient safety and quality initiatives or programs that increase safety and quality care, such as reduction in nosocomial wounds, falls, failure to rescue and/or maintaining 95% or higher compliance in core measures.
- Initiates or participates in research with outcomes related to patient safety and quality.
- Promotes safety and quality patient care by contributing to committees at the local, state, and/or national level.