Expert care, just for teens.
As your teen’s mind and body develop, you can count on our expertise. Our team offers complete care for teen health and well-being. We offer everything from annual checkups and sports physicals to specialized care for conditions that affect your child’s physical, mental, emotional, and sexual health.
Your partner in good health.
As your child enters young adulthood, it helps to have experts you can count on. At St. Chris, we know how to relate to teens. We are here to listen, answer questions, and offer expert guidance.
We provide comprehensive services for teens, from routine health care to advanced treatments for complex illnesses and conditions. As a pediatric academic medical center, we can provide the most advanced treatments. It is comforting to know you have this level of expertise close to home.
Comprehensive Adolescent Health Care
We offer a range of primary care services for teens, including:
- Annual well visits
- Breast health evaluations and referrals
- Care for chronic (ongoing) conditions, such as asthma and diabetes
- Diet and nutrition counseling
- Eating disorders
- Evaluation and care for gynecological conditions, such as irregular menstruation, endometriosis or polycystic ovarian syndrome
- School and sports physicals
Teens ages 13 to 21 have access to confidential reproductive and sexual health services, including:
- Birth control
- Counseling in a variety of areas, including abstinence and risk reduction, sexuality, and general adolescent and developmental health
- Emergency contraception (Plan B/morning after pill)
- HIV screening
- Pregnancy testing
- Reproductive health care, including gynecological health exams and male pelvic health exams
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
We offer walk-in services — no appointment needed — for condom pickup, emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, and HIV screening.
Why Choose Us for Your Teen’s Care
St. Chris offers compassionate care and a full range of services for teens. Parents choose us because:
- Expert team. Our adolescent medicine experts are trained to manage a full range of physical and emotional conditions affecting young adults. We received the 2019 PCMH Award of Distinction from Keystone First for our exceptional care.
- Range of services. Whatever your teen is facing — peer pressure to smoke or drink, too much or too little physical growth, voice changes, or their first period — our specialists can help.
- We treat teens with sensitivity and respect. Some topics can be embarrassing for a teen to talk about. Our specialists know how to make teens feel comfortable enough to share and ask questions.
- We can offer expert guidance and support for reproductive health issues, such as teen pregnancy and gender and sexual identity. We address the needs and concerns of teens and their families.
- Through our partnership with Drexel University, we offer the latest technologies and research-backed advancements. This allows us to give your teen the very best care.