At St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, we are committed to making sure that every child receives compassionate medical care in a nurturing, safe environment. Nowhere is this commitment more evident than in our Child Protection Program.
Since 2004, our program has been serving child victims of abuse and neglect. This is more than a department or service. It is a pledge to support children and families in times of need.
We are committed to providing the highest quality care to victims of child abuse and neglect while minimizing future trauma. We offer compassion, support, and strength to the families and communities we serve.
Sensitive, Safe Care
Children are always at the center of what we do. Our team comes together across specialties to evaluate children. We use evidence-based protocols so that we can:
- Accurately identify injuries
- Make appropriate treatment recommendations
- Prevent misdiagnosis
Services for the Whole Family
We have honed and refined our services through the years to ensure we can best support children, families, and many of our community partners. Our services include:
- Abuse investigation
- Consultation and education to medical providers
- Follow-up care
- Inpatient consultations
- Judicial process assistance
- Medical diagnosis and treatment
- Outpatient services
- Telephone consultations (available 24 hours a day)
Partnerships throughout the community allow us to help families in every corner of Greater Philadelphia and New Jersey. We work collaboratively with many groups, including:
- Behavioral and mental health agencies
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- District attorney offices
- Law enforcement agencies
- Philadelphia Children’s Alliance
- Philadelphia Department of Health & Human Services
Our Child Protection Program team is a group of dedicated, trained professionals ready to help whenever, however you may need us. We work with medical professionals and agencies throughout the process.
Our team includes:
- Child abuse pediatrician
- Certified nurse practitioner
- Social worker
- Support staff