Something to smile about.
Good oral hygiene starts early. Dentists recommend the first checkup between 6 months and a year old. Our compassionate pediatric dental experts offer comprehensive care that puts kids at ease and helps them develop healthy habits that last a lifetime — that’s something to smile about.
Gentle, kid-friendly dental care.
As a pediatric academic medical center, we specialize in caring for kids — including advanced expertise caring for children with special needs. We offer everything from routine checkups and preventive care to complex dental procedures.
Our talented team of pediatric dentists, periodontists, oral maxillofacial surgeons, and dental technologists provides gentle care with compassion and understanding. We make your child’s experience as quick and comfortable as possible — we’re efficiency experts. We also educate you and your child about oral health and how to prevent problems.
Comprehensive Pediatric Dental Care
We offer leading-edge care for all types of children’s dental and oral problems, including:
- Abnormal oral development
- Cavities or tooth decay (dental caries)
- Dental trauma, including cracked or broken teeth
- Dental emergencies
- Gum disease (periodontal disease)
- Tooth erosion and sensitivity
Our team also works with medical specialists to provide dental care for kids in the hospital with conditions such as:
- Bleeding disorders
- Heart problems
- Kidney disease
- Sickle cell disease
We provide a wide range of dental services, including:
- Advanced expertise caring for kids with special needs, including children with developmental or behavioral issues, craniofacial anomalies, or medical problems that affect dental care.
- Comprehensive oral exams and routine dental checkups, including cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and other preventive treatments.
- Education and instructions for maintaining good teeth and gum health.
- Oral surgery, such as wisdom teeth removal, misaligned jaw correction, and other oral surgeries.
- Periodontal care, including dental implants and treatment of gum disease.
- Prevention and treatment of sports-related dental injuries, including mouth guard fittings.
- Dental restorative services, such as fillings and extractions.
- Sedation or anesthesia dentistry to keep kids comfortable — such as very young children, kids with developmental conditions, or those who need complex or lengthy dental procedures.