Your priority is our priority.
When your child needs to see a specialist, you want to see someone right away — we understand. That’s why we get you in within a day. As a pediatric academic medical center, we offer the latest approaches and care for children with even most complex ear, nose and throat conditions. It’s comforting to know that your child can get the care they need in a single, convenient place.
Advanced expertise and convenience.
Children’s ENT conditions can affect many areas of their health and well-being. A child with a hearing problem may have difficulty in school, or a child with a sinus condition may have sleep problems.
When you come here, you get complete care. Our ENT doctors work with primary care doctors, lung specialists, digestive health specialists, sleep medicine experts, speech-language therapists, audiologists, child life specialists, and others to provide comprehensive care.
Also, ENT doctors are trained in surgery. That means you work with the same doctor if your child needs surgery — from tonsillectomy to complex facial surgery. For kids who need multiple procedures, our surgeons work together to do them at the same time, making it easier for kids and families. You can count on family-friendly, kid-focused care from a skilled, compassionate team.
Comprehensive Pediatric ENT Care
We treat the full range of conditions that affect children’s sinuses, throat, hearing, and balance, including:
- Airway obstructions
- Cartilage tumors, including chondroblastoma
- Chronic ear disease, including cochlear problems
- Congenital (present at birth) conditions, including craniofacial deformities, choanal atresia, complete tracheal rings, and preauricular pits
- Craniofacial anomalies, including hemifacial microsomia, microtia, and Stickler and Treacher Collins syndromes
- Deviated septum
- Dizziness (vertigo)
- Ear infections, including swimmer’s ear
- Facial nerve problems or fractures, including nerve paralysis and broken nose
- Feeding, voice and swallowing problems
- Foreign bodies in the nose and throat
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis)
- Hearing loss, including sensorineural hearing loss
- Inner ear conditions, including Meniere's disease
- Neck abscesses and masses
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Recurrent ear infections and related conditions, such as chronic otitis media, mastoiditis
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Sinus infections
- Sinus problems, including noisy breathing (stridor)
- Throat conditions and injuries, including enlarged tonsils and adenoids, pharyngitis tonsillitis, tracheal stenosis, subglottic stenosis, and laryngomalacia
- Throat masses, including saccular cysts, recurrent respiratory papillomatosis, and subglottic cysts
- Thyroid nodules
- Tongue disorders, including tongue tie
- Vascular malformations, including hemangioma
- Vocal cord paralysis
These are just a few areas of our advanced expertise:
- Airway problems. We specialize in working with newborns with breathing problems, children with congenital airway conditions, and kids who use a ventilator or have had throat surgery. We have the advanced expertise to perform precise surgery to ease breathing — including minimally invasive bronchoscopy.
- Allergies and sinus conditions. We offer the latest methods to help kids breathe easier — including the latest, minimally invasive approaches to relieve symptoms.
- Craniofacial deformities. Our ENT doctors perform everything from ear molding to fix newborn ear deformities to highly skilled surgeries for cleft lip or palate, or disfigurement of the head, neck, mouth, jaw, and ears. They work as a team with plastic surgeons and oral surgeons when needed.
- Feeding, voice and swallowing problems. Our leading-edge technology provides live video of the throat and offers immediate results — a capability you won’t find anywhere else nearby. That means your child can begin treatment right away.
- Hearing loss and chronic ear disease. We offer complete care for hearing and balance, including hearing tests for kids of all ages. We offer a full range of treatments, from hearing aids and ear tubes to cochlear implants — devices that restore hearing in children with severe hearing loss or deafness.
- Sleep disorders. Many conditions can affect children's sleep, such as sleep apnea (disordered breathing), swollen tonsils, or nighttime jaw clenching or grinding. Our ENT doctors work with sleep experts to help kids get a good night's sleep.
Why Choose Us for Your Child’s Ear, Nose and Throat Care
We are dedicated to providing kids with exceptional care and keeping families well-informed every step of their child’s treatment. Parents choose us for our:
- ENT expertise. Our team treats the full range of children’s ENT conditions, with advanced experience in sinus, throat, and craniofacial surgery. Our doctors are listed among Philadelphia Magazine’s Top Doctors 2019.
- Advanced technology. We use the latest approaches to find and treat ENT conditions, including advanced, minimally invasive methods such as bronchoscopy and endoscopic sinus surgery. For voice and swallowing problems, our sophisticated equipment provides live video of the throat and offers immediate results — a capability you won’t find anywhere else nearby. That means your child can begin treatment right away.
- Experience treating kids with special needs. We specialize in caring for children with developmental disorders and complex health conditions, including cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, and autism. We offer assistance for families who non-English speaking or hearing impaired.
- Convenience. Because all our pediatric experts are in a single place, your child can see several specialists in one, convenient visit — see a doctor, get hearing tests, and have therapy with a speech-language therapist or audiologist. You can get same-day results for hearing tests, X-rays, and more.