Advanced digestive care close to home.
A digestive disorder can have a huge impact on your child’s life. Gastrointestinal issues can cause nutritional deficiencies or problems with growth and development. For older children, digestive issues can make it hard to spend time with friends, play sports, and enjoy just being a kid. Our experts are here to offer hope and healing through innovative medicine.
Expert pediatric gastroenterologists.
Digestive problems can develop in children at any age. The gastrointestinal problems that affect newborns are very different from those that affect teens or young adults. A child’s nutritional needs also change throughout their life. This means it’s important to choose a care team with extensive experience treating digestive issues at every age.
As one of the region’s leading children’s hospitals, all of our experts focus exclusively on the unique needs of pediatric patients. Our board-certified gastroenterologists work closely with other providers to ensure your child is getting complete care. These providers include:
- Child life specialists
- General surgeons
- Hepatologists (liver specialists)
- Interventional radiologists
- Otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat specialists)
- Social workers
Having access to such a wide range of experts in one place means your child can get the care they need with fewer appointments, less travel time, and minimal disruption to their life and yours.
Comprehensive Pediatric Digestive Care
Our pediatric gastroenterologists care for common and complex conditions, including:
- Abdominal pain
- Biliary duct malformation
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Failure to thrive
- Feeding and swallowing disorders
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Intestinal bleeding
- Intestinal failure
- Liver failure
- Metabolic liver disease
- Motility disorders
- Neonatal cholestasis
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Short bowel syndrome
- Ulcerative colitis
- Viral and autoimmune hepatitis
We offer highly specialized care for all types of digestive disorders. Dietary modifications, supplements, or medicine can help many gastrointestinal issues. If surgery is necessary, we work with a pediatric general surgeon or an interventional radiologist to design the right treatment plan. Whenever possible, we recommend minimally invasive surgeries to help your child recover faster.
Our comprehensive program has several subspecialty clinics to help your child. Clinics include:
- Aerodigestive Program
- Center for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Clinical Nutrition Services
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Program
- GI Motility Diagnostic Center
- Grow Clinic
- Intestinal Rehabilitation Program
Why Choose Us for Your Child’s Digestive Care
Families throughout the region choose us when their children need digestive care because we have:
- A state-of-the-art motility lab and endoscopy suite where we offer diagnostic testing, including capsule endoscopy, high-resolution manometry, and catheter-free pH monitoring.
- A specialized Aerodigestive Program for conditions requiring the expertise of a gastroenterologist, otolaryngologist, and pulmonologist. These disorders include asthma, obstructive sleep apnea, esophagitis, and others.
- Access to a diverse team of providers focused exclusively on children. Our specialists, nurses, nutritionists, and social workers have extensive experience helping children and families navigate gastrointestinal treatments.
- Care for your child at every stage of life. From infancy through young adulthood, we’re here for their health. We’ll also help coordinate a smooth transition to adult care when the time is right.
- ImproveCareNow™ certification, which is a network of parents, patients, and providers working to improve the lives of children with ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.