Compassionate care for respiratory disorders.
As a parent, you want to see your child live life to the fullest. That means running, playing, and discovering the world. But when respiratory issues make it hard for your child to do normal activities and enjoy being a kid, it’s time to get help from the experts. Our pediatric respiratory specialists are here to help your little one breathe easier.
Breathing experts devoted exclusively to kids.
Respiratory issues can take many different forms. From common conditions like allergies and asthma to complex diseases such as cystic fibrosis, The team at St. Chris can diagnose and treat the full range of breathing disorders in children and young adults.
We have a team of experts devoted exclusively to the unique needs of children. Our pediatric pulmonologists work with other specialists to deliver total care. The team includes allergists, infectious disease specialists, sleep medicine physicians, pulmonary nurses, respiratory therapists, psychologists, social workers, and dietitians.
Comprehensive Pediatric Lung Care
We treat a wide range of breathing disorders in children, including:
- Airway abnormalities
- Chronic lung disease
- Cough and wheezing
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hermansky Pudlak syndrome
- Pneumonia (recurring)
- Sickle cell anemia
- Sleep disorders
We offer leading-edge care in a compassionate, patient, and family-centered environment. Our services include:
- Airway exams (flexible bronchoscopy).
- Allergy testing.
- Exercise stress testing and sweat testing.
- Lung function testing, including spirometry and whole-body plethysmography.
- Noninvasive ventilation therapies for sleep apnea (CPAP and BiPAP).
- Screening and long-term care for children with cystic fibrosis.
- Sleep studies (polysomnography) at our sleep lab.
Why Choose Us for Your Child’s Lung Care
We have the breathing experts and the specialty clinics in place to deliver comprehensive respiratory care to your child:
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation accredits our Cystic Fibrosis Center. We are a Therapeutic Development Research Center, which means we are at the forefront of new research and clinical trials for cystic fibrosis care.
- A four-bed, state-of-the-art Sleep Center equipped for advanced sleep testing, has kid-friendly amenities and accommodations for parents.
- The Airway Program provides specialty care for the unique needs of children with airway abnormalities. Pulmonologists work with pediatric ear, nose, and throat specialists (otolaryngologists) to provide total breathing care.
- The Asthma Center combines the expertise of our allergists and pulmonologists, offering comprehensive evaluation and treatment for children with asthma.
- The Home Ventilation Program offers care for technology-dependent children who need ventilation support at home. We provide comprehensive support from pulmonologists, nurse practitioners, respiratory therapists, and pediatricians.
- The Sickle Cell Pulmonary Program provides evaluations and treatment of the pulmonary complications in children with sickle cell anemia.
- Our twice-yearly Hermansky Pudlak Clinic brings together hematologists, pulmonologists and gastroenterologists to treat breathing problems associated with this rare inherited disorder.