As a busy parent, you have to juggle lots of responsibilities. It’s not always easy to squeeze in a trip to the doctor’s office — especially if your child needs care during the middle of a work or school day.
At St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, we want to make it easier for you to connect with your child’s provider. That’s why we now offer virtual appointments during regular office hours. Whether your child needs to see their pediatrician for sudden sick care or is due for a routine follow-up visit with their specialist, they can now do so from the comfort of their own home.
Virtual medical treatment, virtually anytime.
Like a traditional office visit, a virtual visit lets you and your child see your pediatric provider in real time. You’ll simply see them on camera instead of face-to-face. Virtual visits offer several other benefits, too, including:
- You can schedule your child’s appointment around your schedule
- You don’t have to drive through traffic or bad weather or use crowded public transportation
- If you have other children, you don’t have to bring them with you (or find childcare)
- You won’t come into contact with other sick people in the waiting room
Symptoms and Conditions We Treat
Virtual pediatric visits are ideal for minor illnesses and injuries that don’t require an in-person evaluation or for routine follow-ups with your child’s specialist. You can schedule a virtual visit for many reasons, including:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Consultations with specialists in pediatric cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, nephrology, neurology, and more
- Diaper rash
- Digestive problems
- Follow-up visits after a medical treatment, procedure, or surgery
- Mild allergic reactions
- Pink eye
- Sinus problems
- Skin problems, such as minor cuts, burns, rashes, or insect bites
Virtual care services are not appropriate for life-threatening symptoms. If your child needs emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
How to Schedule a Virtual Appointment
Scheduling a virtual visit with a participating St. Christopher’s provider is easy. You’ll just need a reliable internet connection and a web-enabled device (desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone). Then:
- Call the doctor’s office as you normally do
- If your child’s symptoms don’t require a physical exam, you’ll be offered the choice of an in-person or virtual visit during the provider’s available time slots
- If you choose a virtual visit, you’ll receive a link to your email address with log-in instructions
On the day of your appointment, logging in is easy! Just follow these simple steps to initiate your visit with your St. Christopher’s provider:
- Use the link provided or go directly to https://stchristophers.doxy.me/
- Choose the provider’s name from the drop-down list and click “enter room”
- After checking in, you’ll be placed in a virtual waiting room until your child’s provider appears onscreen
If your provider asks you to fill out any forms ahead of your child’s virtual visit, you may find them on our virtual care resources page.
For questions about virtual visits with your child’s St. Chris provider, please call 215-427-3131.