The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Phoenixville Hospital is proud to be a DAISY Award Partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor twice a year. To find out more about the program, including the growing list of Hospital Partners, please go to www.DAISYfoundation.org.
DAISY Award Nomination Criteria
- Any Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse who has been employed by Phoenixville Hospital for the past 6 months and currently functions in a clinical setting.
- Obtains an excellent performance evaluation by nurse manager/supervisor.
The DAISY criterion incorporates the IOM six aims of safety, patient-centeredness, effectiveness, efficiency, timeliness, and equity. These aims have been embraced by Phoenixville Hospital to ensure the best care possible.
Must exemplify at least one of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates the importance of communication in the delivery of quality and safe patient care as evident by working in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in providing quality safe patient care.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development and implementation of organizational goals, priorities, and strategies as evident by committee, council or initiative involvement.
- Demonstrates excellence in the delivery of individualized patient care.
- Delivers quality and safe patient care guided by policies, procedures, and standards.
- Implements current evidence based practice by developing policy, educational material for patients and families, and/or co-workers.
- Promotes, designs, develops, and implements patient safety and quality initiatives or programs that increase safety and quality care, such as reduction in nosocomial wounds, falls, failure to rescue and/or maintaining 95% or higher compliance in core measures.
- Initiates or participates in research with outcomes related to patient safety and quality.
- Promotes safety and quality patient care by contributing to committees at the local, state, and or national level.