Volunteers have played a critical role in hospitals for centuries, compassionately supplementing the services that staff provides to patients, their families and guests. Volunteers also play an important role in patient satisfaction, adding a special dimension of personal service and care.
Our volunteer corps is made up of men, women, students, parents and retirees.
Our volunteers donate their time and talents for a variety of reasons:
- A desire to help others
- Sharpen their skills for re-entry into the workforce
- Exposure to careers in healthcare
- Meet new friends
- Stay active and make a difference
And, they can be found in almost every department:
- Greeting visitors
- Performing interdepartmental errands
- Involvement with community projects, such as blood drives and health screenings
- Assisting in hospital departments and the gift shop
Volunteering can be a source of pride, enjoyment and challenge. We hope that you will choose to become an important part of our hospital team. If you are looking for a change, a challenge or new friends, volunteering at Phoenixville Hospital may be the place for you to make a difference.
Benefits of Volunteering
- A volunteer uniform will be provided.
- For each shift served, you will receive one meal in the hospital cafeteria (up to $7 value).
- A free flu shot will be ordered once a year.
- Volunteers age 50+ who serve a minimum of four hours of service a week will be given a free membership to the Senior Group.
- Recognition during National Volunteer Week.
- Drug screening, TB testing, current flu immunization, and a copy of childhood immunizations
- Attend hospital orientation
- Have hospital/department training
- Adhere to volunteer uniform or dress standards
- Adhere to our “Standards of Conduct”
- Be punctual and reliable, displaying dignity, courtesy and consideration for others
- No volunteer can directly participate in or observe patient care without patient consent
Additional Requirements for Adult Volunteers
- For the safety of our employees, patients and other volunteers, a criminal background check and child abuse history clearances are required for all volunteers age 18+.