Hospice care is specialized support that is intended to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of patients and their families who are facing a life-limiting illness. We focus on enhancing each patient’s quality of life through pain management and symptom control.
A Team Approach
Tower Health at Home’s hospice services are provided by a compassionate and skilled interdisciplinary team of professionals. Our hospice-trained nurses, medical social workers, spiritual counselors, health aides, and volunteers work together with you and your family to give exceptional end-of-life care.
Our bereavement team supports families after their loved one has passed. Our grief support services are available for up to 13 months and are designed to be non-intrusive during your grief journey.
“We’re all just walking each other home.” – Ram Dass
When To Seek Hospice Care
When things begin to change for your loved one, you may be unsure about the next steps. We’re here to help you decide what’s best for your loved one.
It may be time to consider hospice care if:
- You’re told that life expectancy is limited
- Curative treatments are no longer effective
- There’s a decline in physical and mental health
- Hospitalizations or emergency room visits increase
- There’s uncontrolled pain or profound weakness
- Your loved needs more help with bathing, dressing, and controlling their bowels and bladder
If you’d like more information about hospice care, or you need to send a referral, call (610) 288-2014