Having a baby is one of life’s most joyous occasions. We’re by your side to prepare and guide you every step of the way — from expert prenatal care to labor and delivery, breastfeeding assistance, parenting education, and more. We offer all the services you and your baby need right here in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Personalized pregnancy and birth services.
When you choose Tower Health for your baby’s birth, you can be confident you and your baby are in highly capable hands. As a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction® Center+ for maternity care, we’re known for affordable, quality care, and advanced expertise.
We offer complete care before, during, and after the birth of your baby. You get personal attention, education, and guidance throughout your family’s journey. Every delivery is different and unique — just like you. We help make your birth experience the event you envision.
- Obstetrics and midwifery services. Our OB/GYNs and midwives offer expert care, education, and support for a healthy pregnancy and birth — from prenatal checkups to expert care during delivery.
- High-risk pregnancy care. If you or your baby have a higher risk of developing health problems, our maternal-fetal specialists keep a close eye on you during your pregnancy. We offer sophisticated testing and personal attention to keep you and your developing baby healthy.
- Emergency care and obstetrics triage. We’re committed to the nationwide effort to improve pregnancy outcomes. If you experience vaginal bleeding, rupture of membranes, abdominal pain or pre-term labor, seek immediate medical attention. For Reading Hospital Obstetrics Triage, please call 484-628-4075.
- Childbirth classes and education. We offer a variety of classes to help you prepare for giving birth, breastfeeding, and taking care of your newborn. You get expert guidance and support to help you feel well-prepared and confident as you enter parenthood. Financial assistance for classes is available.
- Labor and delivery services. You can be confident you have an expert team by your side to handle every need on your special day. Our birth centers combine the latest technology with comfortable, private surroundings and family-friendly conveniences that support mother-baby bonding.
- Birth Center, labor and delivery services. You can be confident you have an expert team by your side to handle every need on your special day. Our birth centers combine the latest technology with comfortable, private surroundings and family-friendly conveniences that support mother-baby bonding.
- Breastfeeding support. Breastfeeding is good for you and your baby, and we’re here to help you get started. We offer breastfeeding classes and personal coaching from international board-certified lactation consultants (IBCLCs) once your baby is born.
- Neonatal intensive care (NICU). If your baby needs extra attention, our NICU team offers 24/7 care using the latest approaches. We have the experience to care for newborns with even the most complex needs.
- Support groups. Get support and encouragement from other new moms on the same journey as you. Support groups let you share tips, celebrate milestones, and learn from others about the joys and challenges of parenthood.
- Postpartum depression care. It’s not unusual to feel overwhelmed or more emotional after having a baby, but some women need extra help. Our behavioral health team is here to help you feel better.
- Infant loss support. The loss of a pregnancy is devastating. Our compassionate team helps you mourn your pregnancy loss and help you move toward healing.
Centering Healthcare Connects You with Others*
*CenteringPregnancy and CenteringParenting are currently unavailable due to COVID-19. Please talk with your provider if you have any questions.
Our Centering Healthcare programs bring together women’s healthcare experts and a small group of moms-to-be or new moms to learn about mother and baby health and connect with other women. Sessions focus on improving health, reducing health risks, and enhancing the well-being of moms, babies, and families. Meetings always allow extra time to visit with other participants and share experiences.
CenteringPregnancy groups teach eight to 12 expectant moms with similar due dates about pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting. During monthly meetings, a healthcare provider provides personal health assessments and education. The program improves your health, self-image, and self-care during pregnancy. Guided discussions allow you to share concerns and ask questions.
CenteringParenting groups meet every one to three months and offer six to eight families with young kids a chance to meet with a pediatric expert for well-child health assessments, immunizations, and development screenings. Meetings give you time to bond with your baby and focus on your health goals, such as weight control, stress management, nutrition, and family planning.
Reading Hospital Maternity Services
Learn more about Reading Hospital's Maternity services. Take our virtual tour.