When a sports injury or illness impacts your performance, you can count on the sports medicine experts at Tower Health. Our experienced team helps you prevent injuries and has advanced training to diagnose and treat all types of sports injuries.
We offer convenient, leading-edge care to help you regain strength, return to play, and improve your performance — right here in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Helping athletes and weekend warriors get back to their sport.
Whether you’re a professional or amateur athlete or you simply lead an active lifestyle, you don’t want an injury to slow you down. Our sports medicine team specializes in treating muscle, bone, joint, tendon, and ligament injuries and getting you back to the sport you love. We’re passionate about lifelong fitness and wellness and helping you return to — or begin — activities that enrich your life.
There are many reasons why you might see a sports medicine specialist. You might see someone for injury prevention services if you’re starting a new activity or exercise program, care for an overuse injury like elbow tennis, or treatment for an acute injury like a labral tear or a concussion. Our goal is to get you back to the activities you enjoy as safely and quickly as possible
Sports Injuries We Treat
We treat a full range of sports injuries, including overuse injuries, strains, joint pain, broken bones, ligament and tendon tears, and concussions. Our specialists work with people of all ages to help keep them moving freely and without pain.
We treat sports conditions that affect every part of the body, including:
- Back and neck. We use the latest technology to treat back and neck conditions, including arthritis of the neck, cervical fractures, sciatica pain, lumbar strain, and spinal cord compression.
- Elbow and shoulder. We specialize in treating routine and complex elbow and shoulder injuries, such as golfers’ elbow, rotator cuff tears, broken or dislocated elbow, and torn ulnar collateral ligaments — including Tommy John surgery.
- Foot and ankle. We provide complete care for Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, nerve pain, shin splints, sprains, and more.
- Hand and wrist. We use minimally invasive approaches to treat routine and complex hand and wrist conditions, including carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain’s tenosynovitis, broken bones, ganglion cysts, and mallet finger.
- Head. Our multidisciplinary team offers comprehensive care for sports-related head injuries like concussions. We work together to help relieve symptoms, such as a headache or memory and balance problems. We offer expert guidance to help you recover safely and quickly.
- Hip and thigh. We diagnose and treat all types of hip and upper leg injuries, such as labral tears, tendonitis, and bursitis, as well as ongoing conditions such as osteoarthritis.
- Knee and lower leg. We use the latest approaches to relieve knee and lower leg pain — including biologic treatments that use your body’s cells to improve healing. You receive leading-edge treatments for ACL injury, patellar tendonitis, jumper’s knee, runner’s knee, meniscus tears, and kids’ sports injuries like Osgood-Schlatter disease.
Nonsurgical Sports Medicine Care
Most sports injuries are treated without surgery. We offer a wide range of nonsurgical techniques to treat muscle and joint pain, tendon and ligament tears, and mobility problems.
Your treatment may include:
- Sports testing and diagnostics. Our experts use advanced physiological testing and biomechanical assessments to help you excel in your sport. We offer comprehensive testing for all types of sports-related conditions, including compartment syndrome and exercise-induced asthma.
- Splints, casts and braces. We use the latest devices to improve joint mobility and stability, improve function, and help the injured area heal.
- Modified exercises. We often recommend low-impact activities — such as yoga, swimming, or walking — to help you rebuild muscle and improve strength and flexibility.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation. Our physical therapists develop personalized treatment plans to reduce pain, improve muscle strength, and increase range of motion. We help you get back to your activities quickly and safely.
- Medicine. Many injuries and conditions can be treated with over-the-counter or prescription medicines to relieve pain and swelling, such as anti-inflammatories and corticosteroids.
- Injection therapy. We treat a variety of sports and exercise-related conditions — such as muscle spasms and tension — with injection therapy, including trigger point injections and corticosteroid injections. We use hyaluronic acid and Synvisc-One® injections to relieve osteoarthritis-related joint pain.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. We use this treatment to treat tendonitis (tendon swelling or irritation). We remove platelets from your blood, which promote healing, to create a concentrated platelet-rich plasma solution. We inject it into the damaged area to speed recovery.
- Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE). This simple technique can help reduce pain and swelling.