Tower Health is adding 162 Residents and Fellows with students from 96 medical schools in the United States and internationally. The new Residents and Fellows will arrive in June for orientation and then officially begin their trainings on either July 1 or August 1, 2022.
"I am very happy for this tremendous accomplishment that reflects the quality of medical education throughout Tower Health," said P. Sue Perrotty, Tower Health President and CEO.
"We have successfully filled every available residency and fellowship position with highly skilled professionals. At Tower Health, educating healthcare professionals is an important part of our mission and our residency and fellowship training programs help fulfill that promise. I look forward to watching our future physicians hone their skills at our hospitals," said Perrotty.
Residents and Fellows will join the following programs:
- Reading Hospital – Addiction Medicine, one; Anesthesiology, six; Bariatric Surgery, one; Cardiovascular, three; Family Medicine, eight, Emergency Medicine, nine; Endocrinology, two; Gastroenterology, two; Surgery, four; Internal Medicine, 15, OB/GYN, five; Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, eight; Psychiatry, four; Neurology, four; Hematology and Medical Oncology, two; Pharmacy, four; Plastic Surgery, two; Podiatry, two; Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care, four; and Surgical and Critical Care, two
- Chestnut Hill Hospital – Family Medicine, six; Drexel University College of Medicine, Family Medicine, eight; Podiatry, two; and Sports Medicine, one
- Phoenixville Hospital – Psychiatry, eight; Podiatry, three; and Child & Adolescent Psychology, two
- St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children – Child Neurology, two; Pediatrics, 24; Pediatric Surgery, one; Emergency Medicine, three; Critical Care, one; Neonatology, three; Dentistry, eight; and Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, two
Wei Du, MD, Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs, Chief Academic Officer, and Designated Institutional Official at Tower Health, added, "We are fortunate to have some of the brightest young minds in medicine coming to join the team at Tower Health. Graduate medical education is the top priority of our academic mission. Our Residents and Fellows are an integral part of the care team at Tower Health and their commitment to learning how to provide high-quality care to our patients is admirable."
Currently, Tower Health has residency and fellowship training programs approved by the ACGME or other accrediting organizations in:
- Reading Hospital – Addiction Medicine, Anesthesiology, Bariatric Surgery, Cardiovascular Disease, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology/Diabetes & Metabolism, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Geriatrics, Hematology/Medical Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Neurology, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pharmacy, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, Sleep Medicine, Surgical Critical Care, Transitional Year
- Chestnut Hill Hospital – Family Medicine, Podiatry, Sports Medicine, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine Family Medicine
- Phoenixville Hospital – Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Podiatry
- Pottstown Hospital – Emergency Medicine
- St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children – Child Neurology, Neonatal-perinatal Medicine, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Anesthesiology, Pediatric Critical Care, Pediatric Dentistry, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Pediatric Pathology, Pediatric Pulmonology, Pediatric Radiology, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatrics
About Tower Health
Tower Health is a regional integrated healthcare system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to communities in Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. With nearly 12,000 team members, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Chestnut Hill Hospital in Philadelphia; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University in Philadelphia. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare provided by Tower Health at Home; TowerDirect ambulance and emergency response; Tower Health Medical Group; and a network of 25 urgent care facilities across the Tower Health service area. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.