COVID-19 viral tests check if you have a current COVID-19 infection. All Tower Health Urgent Care locations offer COVID-19 assessment and viral testing.
We need your help and support to ensure our healthcare resources are available to patients with the greatest need. Please do not use our Emergency Departments for COVID-19 testing.
When Should I Be Tested for COVID-19?
- You have symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, or fatigue.
- You have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 and you have no symptoms.
- Fully vaccinated individuals should be tested 5-7 days after their last exposure.
- Unvaccinated individuals should be tested immediately, and if negative, test again 5-7 days after last exposure.
It is important for everyone to follow CDC quarantine guidelines. You can find them on the CDC website.
What Are My Testing Options?
If you have moderate symptoms or are immunocompromised, Tower Health Urgent Care locations provide testing and evaluation of your symptoms. An appointment is not required, however, an order from your physician may expedite the screening process.
If you don’t have symptoms or your symptoms are mild:
- Use a self-test, also known as a home test. These tests are typically available at local pharmacies or online retailers.
- Access the Pennsylvania Department of Health public testing information website to find a state-sponsored testing location.
- Get a test at a local pharmacy clinic. Find a location using the Health & Human Services (HHS) public testing website.
Which COVID-19 Test is Best for Me?
The chart below may help you decide which COVID-19 test is best for you. Call any Tower Health Urgent Care location for more information.
|Rapid Antigen Test||PCR Lab Test||Rapid PCR/Molecular Test
(Roche Liat or Abbott ID Now)
|Best for...||Patients with COVID-19 symptoms||Patients with or without COVID-19 symptoms||Patients with or without COVID-19 symptoms|
|Results Back Within||15 minutes||36 to 72 hours*||20 minutes (ideal test for travel requirements)|
|Locations Available||All Tower Health Urgent Care locations**||All Tower Health Urgent Care locations**||
Select Tower Health Urgent Care locations:
|Processed through Insurance||Yes, for most testing scenarios||Yes, for most testing scenarios||Yes, for most testing scenarios|
|Self-Pay Fee||$65||Call for self-pay fee schedule**||$150|
*Test result wait times may be longer due to patient volumes.
NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 surge, we are temporarily adjusting our COVID-19 testing hours at Tower Health Urgent Care locations. Effective immediately, patients with the following COVID-19 symptoms or conditions will be tested only between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Wyomissing location). After these hours, patients with these symptoms or conditions can be tested on the following day.
- Asymptomatic patients
- Exposure to confirmed COVID-19
- Mild symptoms
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Symptoms less than 24 hours