If you or someone you care about is experiencing a mental health crisis, you want help right away — we’re here for you. Our expert behavioral health team understands what you’re going through and how to help.
We’re available 24/7 to offer compassionate care for adults who need immediate assistance to ensure the safety and well-being of themselves and others around them.
We care for people experiencing symptoms such as:
- Emotional trauma
- Hallucinations and delusions, as in schizophrenia and other psychoses
- Impulsive behaviors
- Impulsive behaviors
- Mood and thought disturbances
- Severe depression, including bipolar disorder
- Suicidal thoughts
Our experienced team provides expert care and round-the-clock monitoring to help you feel safe and comfortable, restore emotional well-being, and begin the healing process.
What to Expect
We provide a safe, comfortable, healing environment and a team of experts, including psychiatrists, psychologists, internal medicine doctors, registered nurses, dietitians, social workers, therapists, counselors, and other behavioral health professionals. Together, we create a treatment plan designed just for you.
- Crisis stabilization. Our experts evaluate your symptoms and provide care to help you feel better as quickly as possible. We keep a close eye on you at all times to ensure your safety, comfort, and well-being.
- Detoxification. Medical detox rids your body of drugs or alcohol to help reduce symptoms that can occur when you stop consuming the addictive substance. You work with a team that specializes in keeping you healthy and comfortable as your body adjusts.
- Medicine management. We may use medicine as part of your treatment to help you feel better, such as anti-anxiety medicines, antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and stimulants. Your care team will determine if medicine is right for you.
- Therapy and counseling. We offer many different therapy types — from individual counseling and group and family therapy to stress-management techniques, cognitive-behavioral therapy (talk therapy), and more.
- Recreational therapy. We use arts and crafts, music, dance, movement, games, and other activities to enhance your emotional well-being and support healing.
- Education. We make sure you and your family understand your condition and how to manage it and prevent mental health crises.
- Psychiatric procedures. We use the latest, proven advancements to improve symptoms of depression and other mental health conditions, including electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS).
- Follow-up care coordination. When it’s time for you to leave the hospital, we help you prepare for your continued recovery after you go. You get expert guidance to make sure you have everything you need to continue healing.
Older Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health
Our dedicated units for older adults (65 and older) offer a comfortable, nurturing environment for seniors experiencing a mental health crisis. Older adults often have more complex health needs, and our expert team provides comprehensive care to keep them safe and help them heal.
Our team of geriatricians (doctors who specialize in older adult care), psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, nurses, activity therapists, and support staff provide well-coordinated, complete care. We make sure patients and families are well-informed every step of the way. Together, we help seniors feel better and return home or to a nursing facility as quickly as possible.
We offer in-depth mental health counseling for adults in a group setting for several hours during the day, allowing participants to return home at night. It’s designed for people who need mental healthcare, but they don't need the round-the-clock monitoring and support of an inpatient program.
Partial hospitalization can help prevent the need for inpatient psychiatric care, shorten a hospital stay, or provide a smooth transition from inpatient to outpatient care. It’s designed for short-term treatment before moving to outpatient therapy. The program length depends on your needs and progress — whether it’s a few weeks or months.
Our behavioral health experts draw from various therapeutic approaches to help enhance coping skills and improve emotional well-being. You work with a trusted, experienced team that offers personalized guidance and support every step of the way.
Emergency Mental Healthcare
Millions of people are affected by mental illness — 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. It’s important to know you’re not alone, and there’s help.
If you or someone you care about is experiencing a mental health crisis that puts you or others at risk, call 911 immediately. Tower Health emergency departments have behavioral health experts available 24/7: