When you feel out of sorts, or you’re overwhelmed, sad, or anxious, you want someone you can turn to — a team you can trust. Our experienced, compassionate behavioral health experts offer personal attention and a full range of counseling and support services to help you feel better. You can get leading-edge mental health expertise close to home, right here in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Behavioral health experts you can count on.
Sometimes, you need extra support and guidance to get you through a difficult time. We know it’s not always easy to ask for help. We’re here to make it easier. When you turn to us for assistance, we treat you with respect and understanding. We develop a personalized treatment plan focused on your needs.
Behavioral Health Services
We provide expert care for people of all ages, including children and teens, adults, and older adults. Our team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, counselors, therapists, and other behavioral health providers offer comprehensive services, including:
- Emergency mental health services. If you or someone you care about is experiencing a mental health crisis, we’re here for you 24/7. We do an expert assessment to discover what’s happening and give you the care and support you need. We develop a personalized treatment plan to improve your well-being.
- Inpatient acute mental health services. Inpatient care is for adults experiencing mental or behavioral symptoms that may lead them to harm themselves or others. We offer a safe, secure environment and a full range of support services to prevent a mental health crisis from recurring — including specialized care and services just for older adults.
- Partial hospitalization. This program offers in-depth mental health counseling for adults in a group setting during the day, without a hospital stay. This program is for people who need mental health services but don't need the round-the-clock monitoring and support of an inpatient program.
- Outpatient behavioral health services. We provide expert mental health assessments — including weight-loss surgery evaluations — counseling, and the latest therapies to enhance your emotional well-being. You can find a variety of services at convenient locations across Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Dual diagnoses program. Our specially trained behavioral health team cares for people with mental health and substance use disorders. We develop a personalized treatment plan that offers expert evaluation, medicine management, and counseling — individual, family, and group therapy.
- Special programs. We provide leading-edge care for eating disorders and addiction, including alcohol and opioid use disorders.
Behavioral Health Conditions We Treat
We offer expert care — delivered with compassion and respect — for a wide range of conditions in a safe, supportive environment, including:
- Attention disorders. These disorders cause many problems, such as difficulty following instruction, staying on task, or completing tasks. Hyperactivity can be a component of attention problems. Depression, learning challenges, and trauma can cause attention disorders.
- Addiction. Addictive disorders are caused by using a substance (such as alcohol or drugs) or engaging in a behavior (such as gambling, shopping, or sex) that disrupts your daily life and well-being.
- Anxiety disorders. These conditions cause excessive fear and worry that interfere with everyday function. Examples include obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, and phobias, such as fear of tight spaces (claustrophobia), heights (acrophobia), or public places (agoraphobia).
- Children’s behavioral disorders. These disorders involve disruptive behaviors at home, school, or social situations, such as an inability to pay attention (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD) or frequent anger and aggression (oppositional defiant disorder or conduct disorder). We also treat depression, anxiety, and other behavioral health conditions children and older teens may experience.
- Eating disorders. These illnesses cause an unhealthy obsession with food, eating, and body image, including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, compulsive exercise, and laxative abuse.
- Mood disorders. It’s normal to feel unhappy or irritable now and then. A mood disorder goes beyond temporary feelings of sadness by affecting your emotional well-being and ability to function. Mood disorders include depression and bipolar disorder (manic depression).
- Personality disorders. These disorders cause unhealthy, inflexible thoughts and behavior patterns that interfere with your relationships. Examples include borderline personality behavior and narcissistic personality disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder. PTSD is caused by experiencing a traumatic event, such as war, a natural disaster, physical abuse, or an accident. It causes ongoing stress, fear, and anxiety after the danger is over.
- Psychotic disorders (psychoses). These disorders cause abnormal thinking — such as hallucinations (hearing voices or seeing things that aren’t there) and delusions (false beliefs) — and behaviors. The most common type of psychotic disorder is schizophrenia.
- Suicidal behavior. When someone talks about dying, suicide, and feeling hopeless, they need help. A change in sleep patterns, reckless behavior, increased use of alcohol or drugs, and mood and behavior changes can signal a problem.
When you come to Tower Health, our expert team will evaluate your symptoms and develop a personalized treatment plan that offers you the best results. We offer a full range of leading-edge treatments, including individual and group counseling, the latest therapies, and advanced brain stimulation methods. You work with experienced behavioral health professionals who offer personalized guidance and support.
Emergency Mental Healthcare
Millions of people are affected by mental illness — 1 in 5 adults in the U.S. It’s important to know you’re not alone, and there’s help.
If you or someone you care about is experiencing a mental health crisis that puts you or others at risk, call 911 immediately. Tower Health emergency departments have behavioral health experts available 24/7: