With more than 30 years of experience in bariatric surgery, we are here to help guide you through the process of achieving your desired weight loss. We will work with you to develop a comprehensive plan of treatment.
What is bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgeries, also known as weight-loss surgery, are surgical procedures performed on the stomach and digestive tract to induce weight loss.
The surgery serves as a tool to assist with weight loss. Combined with nutritional guidance, fitness programs, and other emotional support, weight loss through bariatric surgery can be long-lasting and effective, improving health and wellness.
Types of Bariatric Surgery
There are three types of bariatric surgery at Weight Management Center: gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and duodenal switch.
Am I a candidate for weight loss surgery?
If you meet the criteria for bariatric surgery, your doctor may recommend the procedure to improve your health. You may be a candidate for weight loss surgery if you have:
- Body mass index (BMI) of 40 or greater
- Body mass index (BMI) of 35 or greater with one or more life-threatening medical conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea
- Tried to lose weight through diet and exercise without success
- Greater or equal to 100 lbs. overweight
Steps to Surgery
If you're ready to learn more about weight loss surgery at the follow these steps to get started:
- Attend a live educational seminar or watch the seminar online
- Receive a phone call from your patient representative
- Complete a phone consultation with a medical staff member
- Attend your surgical consultation
- Complete necessary nutrition and medical clearances
- Await insurance pre-certification
- Meet with your surgeon at your pre-operative appointment
- Complete pre-admission testing
Once you've completed the steps, your surgery will be scheduled and follow-up education will be provided.