If you are ready to lose weight for good, then we are ready to help. At Tower Health, we combine your motivation and our expertise to help you achieve a healthy weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Our medical weight-loss program offers a complete, customized approach for people who want professional guidance and support. Not only is your weight-loss journey supervised by an obesity medicine doctor, but you also work with specialists who oversee your diet, fitness plan, and any medicines or counseling you may need.
And with extra amenities like a fitness center and teaching kitchen available to participants, the Weight Loss Surgery and Wellness Center offers the most comprehensive and convenient program of its kind in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Life-changing weight loss with lasting results
The medical weight-loss program at Tower Health helps people who want to improve their health through weight loss and are not interested in (or eligible for) bariatric surgery.
You may be a candidate for our medically supervised program if you:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more; or
- Have a BMI of 27 or more with at least one weight-related medical condition, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea; and
- Have not been able to maintain weight loss on your own
Weight Management Services and Support
Unlike commercial weight-loss programs that only offer meal replacement products, the medical weight-loss program at Tower Health gives you access to a team of experts — with treatment plans tailored to your metabolism, body composition, and health needs.
Our services include:
- Behavioral health. You have access to mental health support such as counseling and tools to help you change harmful food-related behaviors.
- Exercise planning. Together we create a personalized, sustainable exercise plan that helps you lose weight while improving your strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- Meal plans. Our registered dietitians will help you create a restricted-calorie diet that provides the nutrition you need while meeting your weight-loss goals.
- Medicine. Our doctors can safely prescribe prescription weight loss medicine that complements your diet and exercise plans.
- Metabolic testing. We will screen for underlying conditions that may cause weight gain, including thyroid problems, insulin resistance, and metabolic syndrome. We may also measure your resting metabolic rate to confirm the maximum number of calories you should consume daily.
- Nutrition counseling. Get one-on-one support when you need help changing your eating habits, learning to read food labels, or preparing healthy meals on a budget.
- Pediatric weight-loss services. Our Healthy Kids & Teens program helps children safely and successfully lose weight while developing healthy habits that stick.
- Specialty care. If you have medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, obstructive sleep apnea, or GERD, we can refer you to Tower Health specialists for treatment. Once you reach your ideal weight, you may no longer need specialty care.
- Support groups. Our free monthly support groups are a great way to learn from weight management experts as well as other people who are on the same weight-loss journey.
Your Medical Weight Loss Team
Our team of weight-loss specialists provides personalized support and promotes positive change. We are committed to helping you reach your goal weight — and are here to help you avoid setbacks and celebrate successes along the way.
As a participant in our medical weight-loss program, you have access to the following team members:
- Behavioral health specialists. Licensed professionals who can help you make lasting behavioral changes that lead to better health.
- Exercise specialists. Certified professionals who can help you create a safe, effective exercise plan tailored to your needs.
- Nurses and advanced practice providers. Our registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and other clinical providers offer ongoing education and guidance.
- Obesity medicine physicians. Doctors who specialize in treating obesity.
- Psychologists. Specialists who provide mental health support and counseling services during and after weight loss.
- Registered dietitians. Professionals who specialize in food and nutrition.