Life-saving care around the clock.
No parent wants their child to be in the hospital. But if your little one is dealing with a potentially life-threatening condition or recovering from surgery, you can rest assured they’re in the very best hands.
Leaders in pediatric intensive care.
Our critical care team is available 24/7 to make sure your child is stable and on the right track toward recovery. We continually monitor and assess pediatric patients in all of our intensive care units, including:
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CCU)
- Special Care Unit (SCU)
- Pediatric Burn Unit
A range of board-certified experts work together to provide exceptional care and the best possible outcomes. Pediatric critical care specialists, or pediatric intensivists, work with critical care nurses, pediatric anesthesiologists, nutritionists, child life specialists, and other providers to support your child’s unique needs.
We care for newborns with critical health needs in our neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). A specialized neonatal care team is dedicated to the unique needs of infants.
Comprehensive Pediatric Critical Care
Our critical care team helps children recovering from:
- Complex infections
- Heart surgery
- Respiratory disorders
- Severe burns
- Transplant surgery
- Traumatic injuries
Our critical care services include:
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) [link to new ECMO page]
- Painless pediatric sedation
- Palliative care
- Pediatric Code Team
- Repaid Response Team
Why Choose Us for Your Child’s Critical Care
We are uniquely qualified to provide the very best critical care for your child. We offer:
- A dedicated Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CCU) for children recovering from heart surgery or dealing with serious cardiac defects.
- A Special Care Unit (SCU), which is a step-down unit from the PICU. We monitor children closely as they continue to recover and help families prepare to go home.
- Assistance for families who need accommodations or transportation while their child is in the hospital.
- A robust fellowship and residency program in critical care, which means we’re training and educating the caregivers of tomorrow.
- A Rapid Response Team dedicated to providing urgent care to children in our hospital whose conditions turn life-threatening.
- Critical care transport for seriously ill or injured children who need to be moved to our specialized pediatric hospital.