Care that gets your little one home, faster.
Our goal is to help your little one return home as quickly as possible. We create a comforting, family-centered environment where kids can feel safe. Specially trained doctors diagnose and treat children with common illness as well as pediatric emergencies.
The emergency department is specially designed for fast, effective care.
Comprehensive Pediatric Emergency Care
We treat common and complex emergency conditions, including:
- Allergic reactions with swelling (anaphylaxis)
- Blurred vision or disorientation
- Broken bones
- Deep cuts with heavy bleeding
- Difficulty breathing
- Fall injuries
- Fever (children under two months of age)
- Foreign objects
- Head injuries
- Paralysis or numbness
- Persistent asthma attacks
- Severe headache or migraine
- Slurred speech
In addition to expert pediatric emergency care, we offer:
- Dedicated trauma area for life-threatening illnesses and injuries
- Specialized emergency behavioral health services
- Video interpretation services
- Critical care transport services for children that need to be moved between facilities
- Child life specialists are on hand to explain tests and procedures in an easy-to-understand way
- Social workers available to help with support services and community provider referrals
Why Choose Us for Your Child’s Emergency Care
Families choose our pediatric emergency care services because we offer:
- Expertise in pediatric emergency. Our emergency physicians, nurses and other health professionals treat nearly 70,000 children each year.
- A team ready for anything. With a Level I Trauma Center, we have critical care specialists on-site 24/7.
- Highly specialized care. We’re the only verified and dedicated Pediatric Burn Center in the region. This means we provide the highest quality burn care from injury through rehabilitation.
- Quick access to specialists. Our pediatric orthopedists, cardiologists, neurosurgeons, general surgeons and other specialists are on hand to provide fast care.
- The resources of an award-winning children’s hospital that has been a regional leader for more than 140 years.