If you think you or a loved one is having a stroke, seek immediate care.
Trust the hospitals of Tower Health for emergency stroke care. As certified stroke centers, we can make sure you get the rapid response treatment to limit the effects of a stroke. Our advanced technology allows us to precisely diagnose the location and type of stroke you are having and provide clot-busting medications or mechanical interventions to safely and quickly remove the clot from your brain.
Expertise in a full range of cerebrovascular conditions.
Any condition that affects blood vessels and circulation in the brain can be life-threatening and life-altering. Our multidisciplinary team of vascular neurologists, neurosurgeons, vascular surgeons, neuroradiologists, neurointerventionalists, and neurorehabilitation specialists provide you with expert diagnosis and management of:
- Aneurysm (bulging of the artery wall)
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVM) or abnormal collection of blood vessels in the brain
- Brain hemorrhage (bleed in the brain)
- Carotid artery disease (plaque buildup in arteries)
- Carotid stenosis (narrowing of carotid artery)
- Cavernous malformations (blood vessels that form abnormally might leak blood and can cause a stroke)
- Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST), a type of stroke when a clot forms in the brains venous sinuses
- Dural venous fistulas (abnormal connection between artery and vein)
- Intracranial stenosis (plaque buildup in the brain)
- Stroke, including hemorrhagic stroke and ischemic stroke
Non-Surgical Vascular Neurology Care
If you are at risk for a neurovascular disease or have a condition that affects blood flow to your brain, it is important you see a multidisciplinary team to diagnose and manage your disease. At Tower Health, our vascular neurology team offers the most advanced diagnostic testing and treatment options. Your treatment may include:
- Lifestyle changes such as good nutrition, healthy weight management, and exercise to reduce your risk for a clot or stroke.
- Medicine management to prevent stroke, manage symptoms, or assist in recovery.
- Neurorehabilitation such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech therapy to regain quality of life.
Surgery for Cerebrovascular Diseases
The neurovascular surgeons at Tower Health have extensive experience in the surgical treatment of life-threatening blood vessel conditions. Your personalized treatment plan may include:
- Angioplasty. Using a balloon to open a blocked vein or artery.
- Coiling or endovascular embolization. Using a spiral wire to stop a bulge in the artery wall from rupturing.
- Embolization. A procedure to cut off or reduce blood flow through an artery.
- Mechanical clot retrieval or mechanical thrombolysis. Use a small tube and device to remove a stroke-causing blood clot from the brain and open up blood flow.
- Skull base surgery. A minimally invasive surgery to treat tumors or malformations at skull base.
- Stenting. Using a support structure inside a weak artery to prevent the rupture of open narrowed vessels.
- Traditional open surgery. A non-minimally invasive approach is used to treat complex cases.
Certified Stroke Centers
Accredited by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center, we provide life-saving treatment for complex stroke patients, including access to innovative endovascular treatments to stop or reverse the long-term effects of a stroke.
Accredited Tower Health hospitals include:
Learn more about our advanced stroke care.