Reading Hospital continues to host Mobile Mammography Coach screening events for all women 40 years and older, as well as those under 40 who are considered high-risk, are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding, and have not had a screening mammogram in the past year.
Andrew Rettew, DO, Chief, Division of Hematology & Oncology at McGlinn Cancer Institute at Reading Hospital, said, “The support from the Reading Hospital Foundation and our community partners, to continue hosting these events, is remarkable. Many times, women tell our team they knew they needed to schedule a mammogram, but they put it off because they were busy caring for their families, working, and managing other day-to-day responsibilities. The Mobile Mammography Coach is important because it takes the screening to patients in their own neighborhood, making it easier and more convenient for women in our community to access these essential screenings.”
All events are listed at towerhealth.org/MobileMammo. Current upcoming events include:
- March 1 - Berks Community Health Center - Penn Street
- March 8 - The Reading Hospital SurgiCenter at Spring Ridge
- March 10 - Reading Hospital Main Campus - 6th Avenue (Clock Tower) Entrance
- March 20 - Pottstown Cluster
- March 22 - Boscov’s North
- March 28 - Cabela’s - Hamburg
- March 30 - Community Health and Dental Care - Pottstown
- March 31 - Boyertown Area School District
- April 1 - Wyomissing ATA Martial Arts
- April 3 - Berks Encore - Fleetwood
- April 5 - Berks Community Health Center - Oakbrook
- April 11 - ACLAMO Pottstown
- April 12 - Bayer Corporation - Myerstown
- April 13 - Berks Encore - Strausstown
- April 14 - Diamond Credit Union - Muhlenberg Branch
- April 15 - TriCounty Health Network Event - Montgomery County Community College
- April 19 - Brentwood Industries - Brentwood Drive
- April 21 - Brentwood Industries - Spring Ridge Drive
- April 26 - Community Health and Dental Care - Pottstown
- April 27 - Albright College
- April 28 - Diamond Credit Union - Royersford
“Our Mobile Mammography Coach has the same advanced screening technology as our outpatient imaging facilities,” said Katherine Thornton, President, Reading Hospital Foundation. “We are incredibly proud that we can offer this potentially life-saving service to our community, because of our generous donors.”
The American College of Radiology has granted the Mobile Mammography Coach a three-year accreditation. This accreditation demonstrates that women who use the mobile mammography unit will get the same exceptional patient care as they do at any of Tower Health's mammography imaging locations, with coordinated scheduling, testing, follow-up, and referrals.
Individuals interested in scheduling an appointment should call 484-628-8611. Preventive screenings are covered under most insurance plans. It is always best to contact your insurance provider to verify coverage. Programs are available to assist eligible uninsured and underinsured patients. For more information, contact MobileMammo@towerhealth.org.
To learn more about hosting an event in Berks County, please contact the Mobile Mammography Program at MobileMammo@towerhealth.org.
About Reading Hospital
Reading Hospital is the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health. Located in West Reading, Pa., Reading Hospital is a 697-bed hospital that is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians, specialists, and advanced practice providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for four consecutive years (and moving up to America’s 50 Best Hospitals in 2022) and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.