Next to our patients, our patients' friends and family members are the most important people we know. That's why we encourage visitors to come see us, sit, and stay awhile. It's a healthy experience for everyone.
We're glad to have you.
Spending time with someone who cares during a hospital stay stimulates smiles and lifts spirits on both sides of the hospital bed, but please keep a few rules in mind:
- Wash your hands often while visiting our facility. It prevents the spread of germs that can cause infection.
- If you've got a fever, cold, or any infection symptoms, please stay home.
- Phoenixville Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. No smoking is allowed anywhere on the grounds.
- Don't bring patients food or candies unless your attending doctor gives permission.
Effective February 14, 2022 Visitation Guidelines and Hours
- General Visiting Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Emergency Department: 24-hour visitation
- Maternity: Two support people are allowed with one able to stay overnight. Sleep sofas are provided in each postpartum room.
Family and friends are an important part of your healing process and are encouraged to visit. To provide a restful and safe environment, we ask that all visitors comply with the following guidelines:
- All visitors should be in good health for the protection of our patients. Refrain from visiting if you are not feeling well.
- Limit visitors to two per visit for no more than 20 minutes at a time for medical/surgical patients, and five minutes for Intensive Care patients. Please be aware that visitors may be limited at the request of the patient or the nursing staff.
- Children under 14 are not encouraged to visit. Please do not leave children unattended in the lobby, waiting rooms, or any other area of the hospital.
- Please allow patients their privacy by waiting for another elevator during patient transport.
- Be considerate of other patients by refraining from loud conversation and keeping noise to a minimum.
- Observe “no visiting” and “precaution” signs before entering the room.
- Leave the room during tests, treatments and change of shift reports if asked.
- Overnight stays for families of patients will be considered under special circumstances.
- It is suggested that only one family member serves as a communication contact regarding the patient’s condition. A mutual condition update time can be arranged with a nurse.
Phoenixville Hospital will continue its current policies requiring all employees, medical staff, and visitors to wear masks inside all our facilities, including all clinical and non-clinical areas such as patient rooms, hallways, dining areas, and common spaces.
Our priority is to protect the health and safety of our patients and team members, so in addition to requiring masks, we will also continue to check temperatures of everyone as they enter our facilities.