Pottstown Hospital’s High School Internship Program is currently accepting applications!
The program is open to incoming seniors, Class of 2024, who attend a school district in Pottstown Hospital’s primary service area.
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 10, 2023, by 11:59 p.m.
About the High School Internship Program
The purpose of this program is to supplement conventional classroom training by introducing students to a broad range of non-clinical, practical experience through the work environment at Pottstown Hospital. Our program’s goal is to enhance the students’ academic, professional, and personal development. Internships allow students the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills while gaining invaluable, hands-on experience. Students will earn academic credit while exploring a variety of career avenues within the Hospital. During their participation, students will interact with and have the chance to network with staff, who can become mentors, contacts, and references that can help guide their educational and career paths after the completion of their internship.
The number of internship positions offered is at the availability and discretion of Pottstown Hospital.
Students who are eligible to apply must meet the following criteria:
- A student in one of the school districts within Pottstown Hospital’s primary service area
- A high school Senior during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Have no discipline and/or attendance issues on their school record
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (Must provide proof of immunization prior to start date)
- Students are able to apply for a medical or religious exemption, but a granted exemption is not guaranteed.
- Students will also be required to receive a flu vaccine. Additional information will be shared in the fall 2023.
- Have submitted a completed application package
Program Application and Interview Process
Students interested in applying for Pottstown Hospital’s High School Internship Program must complete and submit the documents outlined below to be considered. Submission details will be provided when the application opens on January 9, 2023.
- 2023 - 2024 Application for Admission Form
- One-Page Personal Statement – In one page or less, please address the following topics:
- Why do you want to intern at Pottstown Hospital?
- How does it fit into your personal goals now and your future education and career goals?
- What do you hope to learn and/or what skills do you hope to gain during your internship?
- Resume or List of Academic, Extracurricular (e.g., honor societies, clubs, athletics, etc.), Volunteer, and/or Employment Activities
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript
All application documents outlined above are to be submitted at the same time via email to Casey.Fenoglio@towerhealth.org. All students who submit a complete application will be eligible for an interview. Partially completed applications will not be considered.
All interviews will be conducted virtually and will take place throughout March 2023. Once all interviews are completed, students will be notified via email whether or not they have been selected for a position with the Pottstown Hospital High School Internship Program.
Application Recruitment Timeline
|Application Posted||January 9, 2023|
|Deadline to Submit Application||February 10, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.|
|Interviews||February 20 – March 17, 2023|
|Decision Letters Sent (via email)||March 24, 2023|
* Please Note: All accepted students will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day on campus. Students will also be required to receive a flu vaccine during the fall 2023. Students are able to apply for a medical or religious exemption, but an approved exemption is not guaranteed. Additional information will be shared during the onboarding process.
Additional information regarding the program, including frequently asked questions and the application form, can be found below. Send your questions to Casey.Fenoglio@towerhealth.org.