As your teen’s mind and body develop, you can count on our expertise to help them feel their best. Our adolescent medicine specialists offer complete care for teens and young adults age 13 to 21. We provide everything from annual checkups and sports physicals to specialized care for conditions that affect your child’s physical, mental, emotional, and sexual health — all right here in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Partnering with teens and parents for good health.
As your child enters young adulthood, it helps to have experts you can depend on. We’re here to listen, answer questions, and offer expert guidance.
Why Choose an Adolescent Medicine Doctor?
Just because teens are young adults doesn’t mean they have the same health needs as adults. Our adolescent health specialists offer expert care, and guidance as teens enter adulthood.
- Teen-focused care. We’re experienced at managing the unique issues young adults face — from acne and voice changes to self-esteem issues, peer pressure, eating disorders, and more.
- Sensitive, respectful care. Some topics can be embarrassing for teens to talk about. Our specialists know how to make them feel comfortable enough to share and ask questions.
- Guidance for a healthy lifestyle. We help teens develop healthy habits that can last a lifetime. As they become young adults, we help them make a smooth transition to an adult healthcare provider.
- Reproductive health guidance. We provide expert advice and education on sexual health, including birth control, gender and sexual identity, teen pregnancy, and more.
Preventive Care for Teens and Young Adults
We offer a full range of services to enhance your child’s health and well-being, including:
- Routine checkups and wellness visits
- School and sports physicals
- Age-specific screenings, including vision and hearing tests, and breast health exams
- Vaccinations and immunizations
- Reproductive health exams, including boys’ pelvic exams and girls’ gynecologic exams — including evaluation and treatment of irregular periods, endometriosis, and polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Education about healthy living, including guidance on nutrition, weight control, exercise, and more
- Sexual health services, including birth control counseling, emergency contraception, and pregnancy testing
- Expert advice and education for healthy living, including nutrition, weight control, exercise, and stress management
- Mental health screening, guidance, and referrals for behavioral disorders, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and more
Illness and Injury Care
Our adolescent medicine experts specialize in treating a full range of illnesses and injuries common in teens, including:
- Acne, rashes, and other skin problems
- Colds, flu, and common digestive and respiratory illnesses and infections
- Common injuries, such as broken bones, strains, sprains, cuts, scrapes, and animal and insect bites
- Eye and ear infections
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Urinary tract infections
We also help manage ongoing conditions, such as asthma, allergies, diabetes, and depression. If your teen needs to see a specialist, we help coordinate care and make sure your teen and family have the resources and guidance you need.