Speech Language Pathology
Our goal is to provide comprehensive speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing care. We are dedicated to the evaluation and treatment of speech and language impairments.
Our speech and language care is delivered in a comfortable setting. We are able to offer in-person therapy with precautions. We can also provide telehealth services for real-time treatment sessions.
We offer the following Speech-Language Services:
- LSVT LOUD for those diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease
- VitalStim/Ampcare NMES Therapy for swallowing
- Swallow evaluations including video fluoroscopy/FEES
- Swallow treatment
- Speech and language disorders evaluations and treatment for adults
- Cognitive evaluations and treatment for adults
- Voice evaluation and treatment
- Cancer Rehab evaluations and treatment for Head and Neck Cancer
Vitality® VitalStim Therapy
VitalStim Therapy is the latest neuromuscular electrical stimulation treatment for people diagnosed with dysphagia or who have trouble swallowing. Therapy is typically administered three to five days a week for one hour. Most patients can expect their VitalStim Therapy program to last one month.
VitalStim therapy is effective in patients with the following conditions:
- De-conditioning as a result of age or co-morbidity
- Head and neck cancer (post radiation) and/or surgery
- Neuromuscular disease processes (e.g., Parkinson’s, ALS, etc.)
A typical session begins with a therapist cleansing the skin with a special alcohol swab. The therapist then attaches electrodes from the VitalStim device to the neck. Once turned on, the device provides stimulation to the target muscles.
For the next 60 minutes, the therapist coaches the patient through active swallowing exercises that include food and liquids that are deemed appropriate by the therapist.