Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Our mission, vision, and core values are more than just words on paper. To us, they are our guiding principles that bring us together — across specialties, locations, roles, and responsibilities.
A Focus on Improving Children’s Health
In what can sometimes become a bustling and busy world, our mission, vision, and values keep us grounded on our true focus and purpose: improving the health of children with high-quality, family-centered, nurturing care.
Our primary mission is essential:
- Provide a full range of high-quality healthcare services to all children and youth up to age 21 who seek our care or who are referred to us.
- Complement our mission with teaching and research programs that achieve excellence and support our ability as a world-class children’s hospital. We strive at all times to provide exceptional care while operating in an efficient, cost-effective manner that serves the best interests of our patients, their families, and the community.
Our long-term vision is to be the best children’s medical center by attaining excellence in patient care, education, and research. We are committed to providing high-quality, family-centered care in a collaborative, nurturing, and culturally diverse environment. We will continue to value, attract, and retain the best people while satisfying our mission through the use of state-of-the-art technological advances in research and constant innovation.
Everything we do — every conversation, recommendation, and decision we make — is grounded in our values:
- Reverence for life, health, and independence
- Integrity, sensitivity, fairness, and justice
- Respect for all and recognition for diversity as a source of strength
- Collegiality and compassion
- Accessibility to health care with dignity for all, especially for those who are unable to pay
- Pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement