Visiting your child is an important part of their healthcare. Learn about hospital rules, visiting hours, and onsite services. You can also prepare for your visit and get ready for your overnight hospital stay.
Visits from grandparents, siblings, and friends can help make your child’s hospital stay more enjoyable. But our patients also need plenty of quiet time for rest and recovery. That is why we only allow visitors at certain times of day:
- General visiting hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
- Parents and guardians may be with their child 24 hours a day.
- An adult must supervise siblings and other children at all times.
Certain areas of the hospital, including our intensive care unit, may have different visiting hours and age requirements.
We may also restrict the number of visitors allowed in your child’s room at one time. Please ask your child’s nurse or other care team member about specific rules in their unit.
Our current policies may have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. See the latest updates to our Visitation Restrictions.
Our goal is to provide world-class care in a warm, welcoming environment. We also need to make sure our patients and families feel safe and secure. The following visitor guidelines help make this possible:
- All hospital visitors must sign in at the front desk. We will give you a visitor’s badge that must be worn at all times while on our campus.
- For privacy reasons, we may ask you not to use cameras or other recording devices in certain areas of the hospital.
- If you have a fever, cough, or other signs of illness, please postpone your visit. We must protect our patients from outside germs.
- You may not use tobacco products or vaping devices anywhere on our campus. This includes outdoor areas and parking lots.
- You may not use alcohol or drugs anywhere on our campus, including parking lots.
- Weapons of any kind, including guns and knives, are not allowed anywhere on our campus.
- Cell phone use is not allowed in certain clinical areas. We may ask you to turn off your cell phone so its signal does not interfere with medical equipment.
St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children has security staff onsite 24/7. If you need help from a security team member, such as an escort to your car after dark, please call 215-427-5326.
Onsite Comforts and Conveniences
Whether you will be spending several hours or several days on our campus, you will find services to meet your needs. Onsite conveniences include:
- Free Wi-Fi.
- A cafeteria, located on the ground floor that serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
- A coffee shop called the Jungle Hut, located in the hospital lobby. Open seven days a week, it serves coffee, pastries, yogurt, and other grab-and-go items.
- Snack and beverage vending machines located on the hospital’s ground floor.
- An ATM (also located on the ground floor, right outside the cafeteria).
- A gift shop that sells flowers, cards, gifts, balloons, toiletries, and over-the-counter medicines. The gift shop is located on the hospital’s first floor, near the main entrance. You may also buy items from our online gift shop.