More than 3.2 million Americans experience migraine headaches, but only one-third are diagnosed properly. At Tower Health, we have neurologists who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of headaches.
What is normal to you may not be normal for someone else. You should schedule an appointment if:
- You experience new headaches, or they seem more severe than normal.
- You have three or more headaches a week.
- Your headaches are getting worse with no relief.
- Take pain reliever every day for headaches.
- Your headaches interfere with your daily life.
- You have gone to the emergency department for headaches.
Headache and Migraine Treatments
Our specialists offer the most advanced and innovative treatments to reduce attacks and manage pain. We create a personalized treatment plan, which may include:
- Pre-emptive treatments. Education, dietary, and lifestyle changes.
- Preventative treatments. Vitamin supplements, daily prescription medications, monthly injections.
- Rescue treatments. Oral medications, injections, nasal sprays, disintegrating tablets, and anti-nausea medicine.
- BOTOX® injections. Botulinum toxin is injected into multiple sites on the face, head, and neck regions, to reduce migraine frequency and severity.
- Nerve blocks and trigger point injections. Local anesthetic medication injected into areas on the face, head, neck, and shoulders to help alleviate pain.
Behavioral Pain Management
We offer the only pain management program in the region that provides an interdisciplinary approach to the assessment and treatment of chronic pain. The program supplements conventional medical treatment with an awareness of how behavior and attitude can both affect health.
Migraine Disorder Support Groups
When you have debilitating headaches or migraines, it helps when you have someone who understands. Our support group brings together people who can relate to what you're going through. Share your challenges and concerns, celebrate triumphs, and get encouragement from others who understand.