One of the best ways to get to know a profession is by getting an up-close look at it. That's why we are inviting teens to join our Summer Junior Volunteer Program in summer 2023.
Our program runs from June 19 through August 18, 2023. After a successful onboarding and interview process, teens will be assigned to one of four areas in the hospital:
- Emergency Department
- Observation – Medical Nursing Unit
- Stroke Unit – Special Program
- Mother & Baby
All placements are based on location availability.
Junior volunteers will commit to volunteering one day a week for a four-hour shift for the duration of the program. Students are welcome to serve more than one shift a week.
How to Apply:
Applications will be opened from January 2 to February 2, 2023. Junior Volunteers need to complete the onboarding process by June 12, 2023, including:
- Two Reference Forms
- PA Criminal Background Check – free to volunteers
- Child Abuse – free to volunteers
- FBI Fingerprinting – free if you have lived in PA for the past 10 years consecutively
- Provide immunization records including COVID vaccination
- Reading and signing an attestation for the Volunteer Manual
- All other forms will be provided when your application is received
- Completing the online education