Our competitive, accredited program, including Osteopathic Recognition, offers the availability of eight PGY-1 resident positions each year.
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications will only be evaluated once fully complete.
- Common Application Form (CAF)
- Medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) (formerly known as "dean's letter")
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably with at least one from a family physician
- Personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- ECFMG status report (if an international graduate)
- USMLE or COMLEX board scores in the passing range. No more than one board exam failure.
- Date of graduation from medical school no greater than three years from date of application or no greater than three years elapsed since engaging in consistent, full-time, independent patient care.
- Allopathic, osteopathic, and international graduates are welcome to apply.
- Our residents must agree to comply with Tower Health Department of Human Resources requirements, including the COVID vaccine mandate.
These additional items are required for international graduates:
- US experience is not required, but is preferred.
- J-1 Visa candidates will be considered.
- ECFMG status report
Applications are reviewed by the Selection Committee and invitations to interview are extended by email. Interviews will be scheduled from October to January of each application season based upon ERAS, NRMP standards.
We will not give status updates or accept AAMC ID#s from callers.