Residents work in the offices of PA Orthopaedic Center and Brandywine Foot and Ankle Associates, where they are exposed to comprehensive practice management. Residents also have the opportunity to be mentored by a fellow of the Pennsylvania Intensive Lower Extremity Fellowship.
About the program
This 36-month Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency (PMSR) at Phoenixville Hospital features a core attending group that excels at Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle (RRA) Surgery, Forefoot Surgery and Limb Salvage, and takes pride in teaching and friendly staff at the affiliated hospitals. Phoenixville Hospital, which is affiliated with Tower Health, is located in a beautiful part of Pennsylvania and within 20 mile radius of all our affiliated hospitals. This is a well rounded program with varied learning opportunities in podiatric medicine and surgery, reconstructive surgery, sports medicine, wound care, biomechanics, and private practice management. Residents work in the offices of Premier PA Orthopedic Center, Premier Chester County Offices, and Brandywine Foot and Ankle Associates, where they are exposed to comprehensive practice management.
Exceling at Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery, Forefoot Surgery and Limb Salvage.
Primary Program Goals:
- To develop competency in podiatry problem solving.
- To develop competency in techniques of podiatry (diagnostic and therapeutic).
- To develop/refine skills for contributing to the advancement of podiatric and related medical literature
- To develop competency in surgical techniques of the foot and ankle.
- Phoenixville Hospital
- Pottstown Hospital
- Brandywine Hospital
- Pottstown Wound Care Center
- Limerick Outpatient Surgery Center
- Paoli Surgery Center
- Premier Surgery Center at Exton
- Penn Radiology – Valley Forge