Independent Academic Institution
- Affiliated with Drexel, Jefferson, and PCOM.
- Opportunities to be involved in national organizations
- Five hours per week of protected educational time
Resident Research Symposium
The resident research symposium is a formal yearly event with invited experts to help judge and observe the quality of our residency research. The symposium is completed early in the training to help those who are interested in fellowships or academic positions. It also gives each resident additional time to complete a manuscript of the presented data.
Minimally-invasive Surgical Opportunities
- Including da Vinci robotic surgery and advanced laparoscopy. An optional robotic curriculum allows advanced skill development.
- Surgical volumes over the 90th percentile compared to other programs.
- State-of-the-art surgical tower
Outstanding Faculty Support
- Representation of all subspecialties
- Almost a 1:1 ratio of faculty to residents
- 4 full time generalist faculty dedicated to resident education
Additional Hospital/Educational/Departmental Benefits
- Book and meeting allowance - With educational funds and incentives, up to $1,000 per year
- On-site day care
- On-site fitness center (membership covered)
- Resident retreats and multiple social activities