Thank you for your interest in the Reading Hospital Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology! Our competitive, fully accredited program has five PGY 1 resident positions available each year.
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Only applications submitted through ERAS will be considered. For information regarding ERAS, please refer to the following website.
Selection is based on a comprehensive review of each applicant’s portfolio.
Applications should include the following:
- Common Application Form via ERAS
- Including CV and Personal Statement
- USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 (if available) scores and/or results
- Medical school transcripts
- Dean’s Letter
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation from your medical school faculty
There is no cut-off for maximum number of years since medical school graduation. However, recent graduates, those with recent clinical experience, those with post-graduate training, and those with experience in the US are preferred.
Completed applications will be considered and an invitation to interview will be extended in compliance with the CREOG and APGO specialty-wide standards. Interviews will be conducted from November to December.
Our interview process will look different this year due to the requirement of virtual interviews.
The interview process consists of:
A virtual informal social gathering the night before the interview day
- Virtual overview with the Program Director
- Virtual, Interactive Discussion with current residents and faculty
- Virtual Interviews with the Program Director, faculty, and incoming chief residents