The best clinical experience possible
Inpatient Experience will cover a diverse patient population with many neurological patients at our 62-bed acute rehab with three distinct units including a secure Traumatic Brain Injury Unit. We are CARF certified with sub-specialty programs including certification in stroke, amputee, and brain injury.
Our robust outpatient practice has a large procedure-based population including Toxin injections, Ultrasound guided injections, Acupuncture, and Electrodiagnostic testing. We also have an outpatient Acute Spine program that works closely with Pain Management, Neurosurgery, and Physical Therapy.
- We have multiple interdisciplinary clinics held at our facility including Orthotics, Prosthetic, Wheelchair Evaluations, and Parkinson’s clinic.
- State-of-the-art technology
- Residents will be trained on and have access to our driving stimulator, EXO-skeleton, Zero G Gait and Balance System, Balancemaster, Aquatics Program, and Medical Fitness classes.
Anatomy Lab through Drexel
- New in 2021, Drexel is opening a brand-new medical teaching school in West Reading. Our Residents will have access to their Anatomy and simulation Lab for training and didactics.
Good Shepherd Pediatric Rotation
- Two months of your training will include rotating at Good Shepherd Pediatric Rehabilitation Center. This 20-bed inpatient center sees patients from newborn to 21 years old. During your rotation you will also being seeing patients at their outpatient clinic as well as inpatient consultations at surrounding hospitals.
- Our program has a close working relationship with Neurology (including general, Movement Disorder and neuromuscular subspecialties) Pain Medicine, Neurosurgery, Rheumatology, Orthopedics, Palliative Medicine, and Sports Medicine to offer elective rotations to our residents in topics they are passionate about.
- Throughout our program we offer our residents the opportunity for an International learning experience through partnerships with hospitals abroad.