We are accredited through the American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as a Categorical Program (4 years) with 24 resident positions (6/year).
We will accept applications for 2023 Match via ERAS and the NRMP.
Applications should include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript/MSPE
- USMLE/COMLEX scores
- Three letters of reference (at least one from an anesthesiologist)
- ECFMG paperwork, if applicable
The Hospital supports J-1 and H-1B visa.
Please send questions to AnesthesiaResidency@TowerHealth.org. All interviews will be virtual for the 2023 applicant season. We are participating in the supplemental ERAS application and program signaling.
We will likely have scheduled onsite residency hospital tours throughout the fall and winter. We will release those dates when we have them.
Q: Do we require the USLME for Osteopathic applicants?
A: No. Osteopathic candidates should submit documentation of COMLEX passage/scores if applicable.
The Successful Applicant
What are we looking for in an applicant? We are a clinically oriented, community-based residency program. Our goal is to train the highest-caliber clinicians who will provide great care for their patients, add value for their organizations and their community, engender good will among their colleagues and staff, and educate the next generation of medical providers. We are looking for candidates who:
- Will be successful in the Board Certification process. A successful applicant will have demonstrated continued academic excellence and a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Are engaged. We love Anesthesiology and we want to teach those are excited about it as well.
- Are positive. We want people who see the glass as half full.
- Contribute. We’re looking for those who have given back to their communities, their schools, and to the organizations that are important to them. We want people who will work well as part of a team and who will be there for their colleagues.
- Are kind. Medicine is about connecting with and taking great care of people.
- Lend a new voice. We want to add strength to our department by including people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and histories.
Anesthesiology Away Rotations for Medical Students
Learn more about away opportunities for visiting 4th-year medical students!