Our competitive, fully accredited program has four categorical positions available each year. Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Only applications submitted through ERAS will be considered.
All applications are screened by faculty. Selection is based on a comprehensive review of each applicant’s portfolio. Applicants are then chosen for an interview with our faculty and residents. Invitations to interview are sent to candidates via ERAS. Interviews are generally held from October through January.
- Common Application Form via ERAS including CV and Personal Statement
- Medical school transcripts
- Dean’s Letter
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation with a third letter from a Physiatrist preferred
- USMLE Step 1 pass on the first attempt and Step 2 minimum score of 220
- COMLEX Level 1 pass on the first attempt and Level 2 minimum score of 500
- Adequate exposure to the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Letter(s) of Recommendation from Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
These additional items are required for international graduates:
- ECFMG certification
- U.S. clinical experience in the past two years
- J-1 and H1B visa sponsorship available