The Tower Health-Phoenixville Hospital General Psychiatry Residency is committed to the recruitment of a diverse cohort of psychiatrists. We are pleased to consider applications from graduates of allopathic and osteopathic and international medical schools. Our trainees bring a wealth of diverse cultural, clinical, and educational experiences that add depth and breadth to our training program and our patient care.
Application requirements and timeline
- We accept applications only via ERAS
- We interview candidates from October through February
- We do not offer positions outside the Tower Health/Phoenixville Hospital
- Tower Health/Phoenixville Hospital Psychiatry NRMP Code: 2290400C0
- The application deadline is December 1. All application packets must be completed by January 1.
- Applications must include a minimum of three letters of recommendation
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- Geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- Information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- Program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.
Learn more about the AAMC supplemental ERAS application.
Program start date
The program starts July 1. There is a one week orientation that takes place prior to July 1.
Residency Program Eligibility
LCME or AOA-approved Medical School graduates or candidates for graduation who are eligible for a Graduate Training License in the state of Pennsylvania, and International Medical Graduates who have ECFMG certification, and preferably, experience in the US healthcare system, are candidates for selection.
We accept applications only through ERAS. We do not offer out of match positions.